• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to quiet down the deuce cab...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the VIC-1 be weary of the headsets you buy. Look for H-161 headsets to use in the trucks. They have a suffix of CU, DU , EU etc. The latest ones have the EU and further. I found a guy on Ebay that had a bunch of NOS CU headsets. I bought 10 or so at $12.00 ea. They were NOS and worth the money but the foam used inside the earpieces (against your ear) had all deteriorated. I also had one EU headset that was black in color. It was far better soundproofed than the others. Its a great system and the TA1-PT field phone can also be wired into the AM-1780 amp.

ktm380

Bjorn,
Yes that is a good start. I'm still looking for all the parts for a complete system, you had a great list. I've won one AM 1780-B and the crew boxs, other than headsets what will be needed?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you'll need the interconnecting cables, CX-4723 from the 1780
to the control boxes and the battery connection, CX-4720.
Remember that the AM-1780 does not have reverse polarity protection
so be careful hooking up the battery. I now have the MX-7777 suppressor in the circuit for extra protection.

Attachments

denisek5935

Spray on bedliner and a hard top decrease noise. Plus if you upgrade the muffler, you get a cool sound, like the A3's

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is it that the inside cab wall of your truck looks more confusing than what's under the hood?

Love the setup though. All your comm gear in one place. Did you just remove that seat entirely or replace it with a single or ... ?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim, the companion seat was temporarily removed for better access.
It will go back when I'm done with the wiring (dual tank control panel and the radio gear).

79driver

The fatmat will be a great addition in helping with noise, i put it on in my 79 model pickup and its great. I double layered the firewall, floor, back of the cab, and behind the door panels. I can turn up the stereo all the way and you can not here it outside the truck, and it cuts down on road noise dramatically. Also the seals around your doors and windows makes a big difference in noise as well. Now that i think of it i may have enough left to do the firewall of my duece, not so much for the sound, but for heat. Hmmmm

my gasser deuce has the muffler coming out under the box just by the front drivers it has the hard top and insulation no problem with noise at all. couldnt you just go to a used auto yard and pick up all the insulation you wanted from under hood insulation?prolly get it for nothing and cut and fit it how you want.

Skeej

need new foam for H-161 headsets

Anyone got a line on that foam? Need 4 sets worth of new foam, to replace whats gone bad in the ones I have now.

thanks,

Skeej

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks