• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy

Cave Johnson

Got an m1078. Have had a 48 willys civilian jeep larping as military since college. Been dealing with S&S as an engineer for years, so familiar with the system. Not to mention the BAE plant where mine was made is down the road.

Anyhow, here's my truck. Ugly front. But the only other problems are an oil pan leak, and the door handle and mirror on the passenger side. Only 5500 miles. And that's from a good friend, who spent his military career in the motor pool working on these, after a full day of PMCS on it. Worth the whole 4500 bucks he got them to take just for the fun of it, given I've designed equipment and system to mount on it.

Look forward to messing with it. And yalls help with more sundry things.

1649713233111.png

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got an m1078. Have had a 48 willys civilian jeep larping as military since college. Been dealing with S&S as an engineer for years, so familiar with the system. Not to mention the BAE plant where mine was made is down the road.

Anyhow, here's my truck. Ugly front. But the only other problems are an oil pan leak, and the door handle and mirror on the passenger side. Only 5500 miles. And that's from a good friend, who spent his military career in the motor pool working on these, after a full day of PMCS on it. Worth the whole 4500 bucks he got them to take just for the fun of it, given I've designed equipment and system to mount on it.

Look forward to messing with it. And yalls help with more sundry things.

View attachment 864520
Congratulations on the truck and Welcome to the Outfit!

Can't imagine how much fun it might have been to have a job working for S&S designing pieces and parts for the truck. I have seen several of your other posts and so I guess this is the "official" welcome to the group.

Hope you get to enjoy your truck - and as you create stuff - maybe you should create yourself a "build thread" for your new-to-you truck.

Cave Johnson

Congratulations on the truck and Welcome to the Outfit!

Can't imagine how much fun it might have been to have a job working for S&S designing pieces and parts for the truck. I have seen several of your other posts and so I guess this is the "official" welcome to the group.

Hope you get to enjoy your truck - and as you create stuff - maybe you should create yourself a "build thread" for your new-to-you truck.
Technically, I worked for a Stewart of the same family on fracking trucks, and later for another company on process equipment to mount to the 1078 and 1082. But same thing when it all washes out. The drawings and designs are all congruent.

Last edited:

Cave Johnson

Now that I consider it, you could technically take 2 miniature hunting lodges out in one trip, if you take a 1082 trailer, given the beds, with a relatively small amount of work, can be interchanged, given the modular design.

That would be quite funny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks