• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

huge grayling deuce auction

13 MIKE

As one who was caught in the whole fiasco, let me say Joe tried to deal with a situation out of his control. He had a lot of unhappy guys to deal with. He was told by his boss to go by lot number.

I don't know who was in charge of putting lot #'s on trucks, but they are the ones who screwed up.

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do need to go by the DTID# assigned by the DOD. (# on little yellow sticker)
They also are bound by the terms & conditions just as the bidder is.

The lots are listed by lot #, the trucks are identified by GL with a lot #.

Information provided by us is not guaranteed and should not be considered as a substitute for your due diligence and physical inspection of the property.
Auctions are conducted by lot #'s.Those who were there and did a physical inspection of the lot (preview) and bid & won on that lot # were legally entitled to the item identified by the GL lot # tag.

GL did not really have a choice on this. Lots (trucks) that were not disputed went by the other #'s.
Due to the whole mix up, anybody who felt they were not getting what they bid on was released from any obligation in this auction, monies were to be refunded with no penalties on the bidder.

The M919 did not get released, it is my understanding the winning bidder didn't do a physical preview and therefore would be offered the truck with the DTID # listed at the bottom of that lot#'s description page.

This whole fiasco will likely lead to GL double checking the lot# tags vs DTID #'s and double checking listed pics on the web.

One of my trucks was pictured and described as lot # ***3 had the DTID sticker of lot # ***5 and was physically labled as lot # ***4.
1 out of 3 ain't bad I guess!
I had inspected the one labled ***4, bid on lot ***4 online and took home the one labled ***4.

There are claims that lot# stickers were changed, I did not see any evidence of this, the two I got, none of the stickers were tampered with.

Definately a mess.
but I don't think it could get any worse so it will have to improve on future auctions.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

If the description and picture was of a green M35 and it was a tan M35 but the ID numbers matched when you picked it up so what you bid blindly..Pictures dont mean mutch.. But the description had the ID # "serial number" of the truck that is on the data plate and the DTID # of said truck from the military on the billing that matched the description and pictures. How can these concrete numbers override a lot number that can be switched or screwed up by a GL flunky? The auction was illegal and if I had the money to back up my claim GL would be out of business before the end of the year and all trucks gathered up and returned for re-listing with moneys spent to retrieve plus time re-embursed. The inspection thing dont fly either! And there is something to be said about a person that knows they are wrong says nothing and bids accordingly knowing they are screwing some poor guy that could not get out of work to inspect the truck or lives far away. Where I come from this is steeling! You inspect on Thursday and the guy on Friday changes lot numbers? Bull ****! So lets think about this.. This is the whole reason for Data plate serial numbers.. If the serial numbers on a car did not match the title you would have a problem ..
I was told when talking to the GL people about the screw ups that the DTID # overides everything and that they had to go by this.. Then after a puppet show they reverse this on site?
I also want to ad there was not one truck on that lot worth me fighting over they are just old rusty army trucks its the way it was conducted that was very very wrong. When they revursed there decision I was ok with it and just moved on seeing what pieces of **** they were going to try and stick me with. How come some people excepted there trucks when the pictures, description, and Id numbers did not match when the got there? Its because they knew they were wrong and wanted a better truck for cheap knowing a far away bidder was getting screwed:evil:.

Reactions: DUG

phil2968

Far away bidder

I am so stupid. My implusive nature got the best of me. I am one of the far away bidders that may get shafted from this Grayling auction. I wanted a M109 from Warner Robbins GA, but the only two they had went way beyond my price range. When I saw the large number of 109,s at Grayling I thought I could get one for a good price. I did win one at the high end of my price range ( thanks by the way to the fellow that stopped bidding against me and got me in to this mess, I just knew you would bid one more time):roll: I just watched a bunch of 109's go for cheap in PA. I cried. I'm waiting for my EUC approval to come in so I can plan my 2600 mile round trip from Lakeland FL.

Told you at the start Iwas stupid. By the way, this is my first post and my first MV as well. Go ahead, laugh out loud. I think I've been out in this Florida heat to much.;-)

Thanks for the advice Miltruckman.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Phil, welcome to the site. Wish it were on better terms. Post up wheen you area headed north, we can PM some contact info if there is trouble in route. Please Post in a new thread as I bet it will get lost in this thread. Welcome to "the sickness".

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Phil.

As Gimp said, open another thread so your trials and tribulations don't get lost.

;-)

phil2968

redneck motorhome

I have a two sons, one is almost 3 and the other will be 1 soon. I wanted to make it into a offroad motorhome for me and the boys and the wife. We have property at a nearby hunting camp that would be just right for this MV. We would drive camp to the camp. It would also be used at more traditional campsites as well. I can only imagine what the other campers will think!I just hope the one I bought is there.

phil2968

I put a call into Joe but have not heard back. If anyone was near and wouldn't mind looking that would be great. But what to do if things are amiss, they have my money.

citizensoldier

PM me the info and I will see what I can do. I have a list of lot numbers that were left there. Not that it is still right either. I have a feeling Joe is tied up with a bunch of paperwork to change and you might not here from him for bit.
Do I understand that you are going to drive this back to FL? I can probably run down and check it out for you if Joe is coming back up. I wanted to see what was left anyway I know he needs to get them out of there ASAP.. One lot number I bought was missing? And the truck in the description was still there.. What a mess..

BugEyeBear

Phil,
Welcome to the site, and to the "Sickness".
You should DEFINITELY get someone to go take a look at your winning truck before you make the LONG joiurney!
(Get them to take LOTS of pictures!!)
From what I hear GovLiq"Joe" will cancel your bid & return your money if your item won doesn't match what you bid on!
Something to keep in mind!
AND PLEASE post PICS of your new MV when you get the chance!

CitizenSoldier,
So sorry to hear that your auction results didn't turn out so well.
HOPEFULLY your bad experience (& that of MANY others) will benefit the rest of us by forcing GSA to get their *** together for the next one!
"Cheers!" to you for being a good sport and offering to go back to the scene of your misfortune in an effort to help out Phil! THAT is 1st Class in my book! [thumbzup]
BTW: There are quite a few guys on here who picked up multiple trucks at this auction. Maybe one of them has what you are looknig for?? Just a thought...

"Cheers!" :beer:
-Bear-

citizensoldier

I don't see it as a scene of misfortune..:-D heck I need to go back and see whats left anyway and if I can save Phil some hassle why not. Florida is a long way to come for a truck that could have no engine and not be a M109.. :wink: I did all right anyway and just refused what was junk. Me and others tried to get the auction canceled and GL chose to go through with it. They don't give a **** and never have. Its the praying on mis- labeled trucks that bothers me the most. If I had it to do over I would not participate in it but its the first time trucks were offered within a hours drive of me so I took my chances. Joe told me the go by the ID number and the description so I did. I will stick with Wisconsin the lots are alway labeled correctly and trucks and previewers are watched very close.