• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUMMVEE have a date with the Gas Axe

brianrbull

Well I could just cry, there are 30+ HUMMVEE's in the DRMO here in Afghanistan, they have a date with the Blue Wrench in the near future. They are USMC UpArmors, complete minus the seats, Most have rear winches, Fording Kits, Ect.... I wish they would let me have em, I would slide em in Connex's and pay the frieght to send em home. Sad to see them cut up lots of good parts, Oh well I guess thats what keeps AM General in business......Anyone need any of the "Trinkety" small parts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm suprised they are not getting sent back here for rebuild. I was just at Red River Army Depot and there are acres of trucks from over there.

dohabandit

Are these parts being auctioned thru GL?

I would be hesitant to purchase anything that was a "take-off" and risk having a fine representative of the US Govt knocking on my door to repo my truck.

maybefixit

With the uproar about 'unarmored' HMMWV's only a couple years ago, and troops having to rig armor onto the Humvees, why are armored units in theater being scrapped?

In looking them up, I can see that it may not be practical to just 'move' the armor to a running unit, but jeez! I sure hope that each scrapped HMMWV is being replaced by an equal (or better) mine-resistant unit.

Here's the lookup, feel free to say so if I've found the wrong stuff
UP-ARMORED HMMWV

I can only imagine because the stuff I seen when I went on a recon to camp Arifjan, Kuwait :cry:. It is a gold mine from hell. I wish I could just come back from retirement to go a shopping spree.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks