• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUMMVEE have a date with the Gas Axe

brianrbull

Well I could just cry, there are 30+ HUMMVEE's in the DRMO here in Afghanistan, they have a date with the Blue Wrench in the near future. They are USMC UpArmors, complete minus the seats, Most have rear winches, Fording Kits, Ect.... I wish they would let me have em, I would slide em in Connex's and pay the frieght to send em home. Sad to see them cut up lots of good parts, Oh well I guess thats what keeps AM General in business......Anyone need any of the "Trinkety" small parts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm suprised they are not getting sent back here for rebuild. I was just at Red River Army Depot and there are acres of trucks from over there.

dohabandit

Are these parts being auctioned thru GL?

I would be hesitant to purchase anything that was a "take-off" and risk having a fine representative of the US Govt knocking on my door to repo my truck.

maybefixit

With the uproar about 'unarmored' HMMWV's only a couple years ago, and troops having to rig armor onto the Humvees, why are armored units in theater being scrapped?

In looking them up, I can see that it may not be practical to just 'move' the armor to a running unit, but jeez! I sure hope that each scrapped HMMWV is being replaced by an equal (or better) mine-resistant unit.

Here's the lookup, feel free to say so if I've found the wrong stuff
UP-ARMORED HMMWV

I can only imagine because the stuff I seen when I went on a recon to camp Arifjan, Kuwait :cry:. It is a gold mine from hell. I wish I could just come back from retirement to go a shopping spree.