• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee beadlock rubber runflat replacement

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not right as far as I know. I’m using PVC inserts from wig splitter. Shaved off some weight, but I still have the bead lock.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked that seller about those, 3" obviously will not work alone as a beadlock, all I got back on 8-31 about a week after sending in the request was a form letter.
"DISCLAIMER of WARRANTY and LIMITATION of LIABILITY:"
I did not expect a straight answer from this guy but I was bored..

Last edited:

RPMRPM

not right as far as I know. I’m using PVC inserts from wig splitter. Shaved off some weight, but I still have the bead lock.
I asked that seller about those, 3" obviously will not work alone as a beadlock, all I got back on 8-31 about a week after sending in the request was a form letter.
OK, that’s exactly what I thought. I wasn’t sure if you were supposed to stack them or some thing but guess I’m not gonna bother thinking about it anymore lol do you know any alternatives, it looks like wig splitter is closed or some thing since whenever I click on their site, it says unavailable

RPMRPM

If not, are the CTIS or non-CTIS run flats the taller ones? If the CTIS ones are shorter and still work as bead locks also how much lighter are they?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, that’s exactly what I thought. I wasn’t sure if you were supposed to stack them or some thing but guess I’m not gonna bother thinking about it anymore lol do you know any alternatives, it looks like wig splitter is closed or some thing since whenever I click on their site, it says unavailable
I sent him a message on his fleabay account (wigsplitter) and he said he was out and did not know when he was going to get more, trailworthy fab has some listed.
Here is a link of a cut down runflat they sell, I guess that answers the question about what that other guy was selling, half of a 2 piece setup, they are out of these.
Here is the link for the PVC inserts, I just ordered 5 of them, seems the quantity discounts comes in the shipping, for me it was $45 for 1, $90 for 2 and $100 for 3-5 pieces, the most it would let me add to my cart was 5 at a time.

Last edited:

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to suggest trail worthy since wig splitter is out of stock. (When I bought them, trail worthy was out of stock!)

Good luck be sure to post a review here.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to suggest trail worthy since wig splitter is out of stock. (When I bought them, trail worthy was out of stock!)

Good luck be sure to post a review here.
Not long ago TWF had them for 135ea, I guess they did not sell well with W/S competing against them, they may go up now that W/S is at least temporarily out of the picture.

RPMRPM

I sent him a message on his fleabay account (wigsplitter) and he said he was out and did not know when he was going to get more, trailworthy fab has some listed.
Here is a link of a cut down runflat they sell, I guess that answers the question about what that other guy was selling, half of a 2 piece setup, they are out of these.
Here is the link for the PVC inserts, I just ordered 5 of them, seems the quantity discounts comes in the shipping, for me it was $45 for 1, $90 for 2 and $100 for 3-5 pieces, the most it would let me add to my cart was 5 at a time.
thank you for all of the info, So here’s another question then since I run the truck on the highway would it be worth running run flats so the truck doesn’t drop as much if I have a blowout with those old military tires? Or would you not bother and just get the inserts, if you think it’s worth keeping the run flat in case of a blowout, will I still be able to drop the pressure to like 5 psi for beach running or will it hit the run flats and not spread the tire patch enough? If I do run his inserts, I will definitely post a review.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank you for all of the info, So here’s another question then since I run the truck on the highway would it be worth running run flats so the truck doesn’t drop as much if I have a blowout with those old military tires? Or would you not bother and just get the inserts, if you think it’s worth keeping the run flat in case of a blowout, will I still be able to drop the pressure to like 5 psi for beach running or will it hit the run flats and not spread the tire patch enough? If I do run his inserts, I will definitely post a review.
It really depends on how you have your truck set up.

For a truck with a turret and other things installed that raise the center of gravity, then I would say they are a major benefit.

If you're running a base truck with nothing else installed, you're a lot less likely to have a rollover incident or the like if the tire blows out.

Also depends on the tires.
If you're running tires more than 5 years old and unknown history, the run flats are cheap insurance.
If running tires less than 5 years old and basically new when installed, I wouldn't worry as much, but still a good idea to do a bead lock.

It WILL be more important to keep up on tire pressure checks without runflats or bead locks, as you're much more likely to lose the bead seal without some type of bead lock installed.

For low pressure operation, if you have run flats installed you don't want to go too low of pressure because they will rub inside the tire, and cause excess heat and wear in a place you can't inspect. If you're airing down to those levels the bead lock will be a better choice.

Run flat is mainly there so a truck can get out of a hot zone with a flat tire, and to somewhere that it is safe to take care of it. In the civilian world it's extremely rare that you won't have someplace to change the tire more than a short distance.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC the lowest tire pressure with run flats, off road is 15PSI, or 10PSI under extreme conditions, I cannot find it in the -10 TM but read it somewhere, and of course the Government has all your money to buy new tires.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC the lowest tire pressure with run flats, off road is 15PSI, or 10PSI under extreme conditions, I cannot find it in the -10 TM but read it somewhere, and of course the Government has all your money to buy new tires.
1694035725459.png

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1694035783598.png
Looks like the chart in the -10 and the operations page show different rear pressures in sand.

RPMRPM

It really depends on how you have your truck set up.

For a truck with a turret and other things installed that raise the center of gravity, then I would say they are a major benefit.

If you're running a base truck with nothing else installed, you're a lot less likely to have a rollover incident or the like if the tire blows out.

Also depends on the tires.
If you're running tires more than 5 years old and unknown history, the run flats are cheap insurance.
If running tires less than 5 years old and basically new when installed, I wouldn't worry as much, but still a good idea to do a bead lock.

It WILL be more important to keep up on tire pressure checks without runflats or bead locks, as you're much more likely to lose the bead seal without some type of bead lock installed.

For low pressure operation, if you have run flats installed you don't want to go too low of pressure because they will rub inside the tire, and cause excess heat and wear in a place you can't inspect. If you're airing down to those levels the bead lock will be a better choice.

Run flat is mainly there so a truck can get out of a hot zone with a flat tire, and to somewhere that it is safe to take care of it. In the civilian world it's extremely rare that you won't have someplace to change the tire more than a short distance.
Well, this is kind of where my split is on the second half, it was a 4 door open top but I got the H1 alpha style wagon back conversion for overlanding from Plan B trucks, with a 3 inch body lift, to clear my 700 WHP Cummins, it’s kind of a roll of the dice on how old the tires I get are, I checked them for cracking often though I have a tire pressure and tire heat monitoring sensor set up from Tucson and I do have a spares mounted on the back generally, if you were going to have a blowout with these tires, will you see a heat increase and a pressure drop to give you enough time to slow down or do they just blow out out of nowhere on older tires?

RPMRPM

Is this with run flats, so without them on the beach Can I drop it down to like five? Or still now?
And since I didn’t represent what I was saying properly, I will definitely be running beadlock’s, that was never a question just whether I want the rubber run flat beadlock or just a PVC insert

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not read the entire thread, however Hummer parts guy seems to have this thing covered.

(Personally I prefer knowing that I have Runflats to keep me safe.)

IMG_0626.png

Last edited: