• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hunting

IdahoPlowboy

I will be in you neck of the woods this weekend to see my wifes grandfather in Rifle. It has been nearly 20 years since I was there last. I wish we were bring the M1009 but we will be in the Duramax instead.

SGT Estum

Oh, yeah... I'm an idiot. :cookoo:
Quite embarassing considering I was deer hunting with my .50 black powder rifle out yesterday morning. I guess .50 makes me think .50BMG by default for some reason. HAH!

truck1

I recognize that Colorado goo!Did you have to chain up for the mud?It does not take much grade to be sliding all over the place in that stuff.Ask me how I know.:mrgreen:

Kasper31

What did your ELK weigh? It sure brings back some memories of fun times when looking at the pics,,,,,,,,,,been there done that with an M-37 with a M101 camper. Had to do some winching to get back out after a hard snow fall and the mud gets very slippery.:grin:

Jerchambers

Thanks for the replies... To answer your question Truck1, no I didn't have chains. I wish I did in some spots but my experience with the CUCV and driving it when I was in the Army helped me keeping from getting stuck. And to Kasper we estimated somewhere between 500-600lbs. She was pretty big and healthy. We packed out a total of 185lbs. 60lbs of steak and 40lbs hamburger, 3lbs sausage.
All in all a great hunt.