• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hunting

IdahoPlowboy

I will be in you neck of the woods this weekend to see my wifes grandfather in Rifle. It has been nearly 20 years since I was there last. I wish we were bring the M1009 but we will be in the Duramax instead.

SGT Estum

Oh, yeah... I'm an idiot. :cookoo:
Quite embarassing considering I was deer hunting with my .50 black powder rifle out yesterday morning. I guess .50 makes me think .50BMG by default for some reason. HAH!

truck1

I recognize that Colorado goo!Did you have to chain up for the mud?It does not take much grade to be sliding all over the place in that stuff.Ask me how I know.:mrgreen:

Kasper31

What did your ELK weigh? It sure brings back some memories of fun times when looking at the pics,,,,,,,,,,been there done that with an M-37 with a M101 camper. Had to do some winching to get back out after a hard snow fall and the mud gets very slippery.:grin:

Jerchambers

Thanks for the replies... To answer your question Truck1, no I didn't have chains. I wish I did in some spots but my experience with the CUCV and driving it when I was in the Army helped me keeping from getting stuck. And to Kasper we estimated somewhere between 500-600lbs. She was pretty big and healthy. We packed out a total of 185lbs. 60lbs of steak and 40lbs hamburger, 3lbs sausage.
All in all a great hunt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks