• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HVAC - no idle

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I'm looking at "no-idle" hvac units and they cost a fortune, easily double the cost of non-idle - thousands of $!

The reason I want no idle is I want to eventually turn this into a camper and idling these trucks is insane.

If I could figure out a way to delete this post I would.

I'm currently looking at marine models that can hook up to electrical and duct the air. The idea being that I can mount in the bed and duct the air into the cab and eventual camper. The units are pretty boxy but look like they might do the trick.

dometic_ecd-digital-control_9108732755_54059_11.png

Attachments

Last edited:

77 AMG

Try a SEMI-truck wrecking yard. This has been available on them for almost a decade. TOTALLY self contained, including heat, and decently compact.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks