• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic pump on deuce PTO

MikeON

Hi:

My deuce doesn't have a winch, but I have the regular forward-facing PTO ready to put on it. Has anyone ever put a hydraulic pump on this PTO? Is there something that bolts right up, or would I need to rig up a shaft with U-joints?

Thanks,
Mike

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just my humble opinion, maybe run a regular winch driveshaft to the front, and bolt pump on the bumper somehow. You can also get a double PTO that has the rear facing shaft. Then you could add a winch later on. Another option is a transfer case PTO. If you don't need much volume, can put a power steering pump off a 5-ton lds motor on the engine.

Dennis

yorkgulch2

Eastern Surplus has a pto accessory hydraulic pump (one direction) I believe it comes off the rear of the pto so you can still use the front facing pto drive.