• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydro-boost / hose o-ring help

barryblakely

Had a lead develop from my hydro-boost...what appears to be the "in" hose from the power steering pump. It's leaking around the pipe, not the threads, so it's obviously a bad o-ring. Well, I took the house out, swapped the O-ring that is on the end of the pipe, re-installed, still leaking. Attempted a few more times, tightening a bit more, etc, etc...still no luck. I finally pulled it out one last time and ANOTHER o-ring came out with the first one...as if it was down in the hydro-boost and got stuck on the line this time, as I pulled it out. Can anyone id where the second o-ring goes, down in the hydro-boost sleeve? Does anyone have a link to a diagram of the hydro-boost that would show the O-rings? Thanks!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is only one O-ring per hose end...install new one but make sure to coat it in ATF before you install it.
this way it won't get torn up when you tighten the fitting.

barryblakely

So, the "tube seat" doesn't have an o-ring down inside it? I'm 100% positive I had an o-ring come out WITH the o-ring that was on the hose...maybe the o-ring on the hose split in two, idk, but it sure didn't seem like that...it looks like two separate O-rings...one on the hose end and one that would have come from the seat area.

Sparo2

I recommend changing the hose. I had the exact same problem as you and did the same procedures as you. In the end my brother noticed a small hair crack on the fitting. Couldn't really see it. So I just had another hose custom made.

Get a new hose.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the "tube seat" doesn't have an o-ring down inside it? I'm 100% positive I had an o-ring come out WITH the o-ring that was on the hose...maybe the o-ring on the hose split in two, idk, but it sure didn't seem like that...it looks like two separate O-rings...one on the hose end and one that would have come from the seat area.

As i stated above, there Is an o-ring on each hose end...make sure the old o-ring is not imbedded in the steering gear, hydro boost or PS pump...