• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrolocked, big repair ahead.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
is there any reason why the serpentine belt (MSN 3030-01-524-2460, RD-5-11792-0) is squeaking at less than 3k miles? when i installed this engine, i made sure to installa new belt at 22 miles, at around 2,500 miles i repalced the belt because of this symptom and now at around 4500 miles it is squaking again. any other brand belt that lasts longer out there? for more info, the belt is not destroyed or worn out on the edges or similr, it is just on the back face (opposite to the groves) where is showing signs of wear.
If you have abnormal wear on the back of the belt I would also vote a possible bad idler

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wellll, i found the culprit. The generator (alternator) clutch is spinning free both directions. Now not charching and probably was getting bad. Any good way or source parts to rebuild this section? I have another good generator but would prefer to fix this one mounted vs dealing with replacing.

Well, that was in the morning on my way to the office. In the afternoon i heard the screeching noise again and the clutch engaged again. Is there anything i can put inside for it to clean? Break cleaner, contact cleaner? Something. I have no idea how this clutch works. Can anyone share some ideas to see if i can get some more life out of this one?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks