• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did it again!!!

citizensoldier

Well to make a long story short I threw a sealed bid on a off road wagon in NC not ever thinking I would win and if I did for that price I would figure out how to get it home.. Well you know the answer I WON!
Being a card carrying Garden Gnome trailer HO I needed to ad this to my collection.. What for you ask??? Well maybe for a parade float full of vets?? Maybe a kick butt hay wagon? Maybe put some Belgium horses on the front and some Miller light on it...Or some big fat logs the next time I feel like playing Axe Man... I dont know but it is cool..
Anyone close to Cherry Point, NC ? I am lining up a trucker but you know how it goes with the EUC thing. Might have to get it off base for them to pick up at there leisure..

Attachments

Reactions: D6T

citizensoldier

It crossed my mind.. I threw low ball sealed bids on all 4 they had and ended up with the best one.. Go figure.. I have many uses for this type of trailer in my maple syrup adventures too. Heck you might see it with skis straped to the wheels behind a bobbed deuce all chained up..
Anybody here get one of the other ones??

citizensoldier

Its a Marine Corp. application so who knows they have there own way of doing things.. Its a bit bigger than a airport baggage cart those are deuce rims and tires on it.. It is classified as a offroad wagon?? Looks about the same size as a big shelter for a deuce..

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: I did it again!!!

Deuce rims? I counted 5 lugnuts a rim, would that be a M37 rim?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

They are from a 5 lug deuce. C'mon Dennis, you don't have any 5 lug deuces? I'm just waiting on someone to tell Lane he shouldn't be buying stuff in NC.

citizensoldier

Why not? I have bought lots of stuff in NC... Do tell...
A/ M32K-4 ROUGH TERRAIN FLAT BED TRAILER, SN-721160, MFG-DEVAL CORPORATION, TRAILER BED/ FRAME DOESN'T ATTRACT A MAGNET.
Thats all it gives under more info.. On one of the other listing it had a close up of the tires and I think it said 900/20.. Maybe it was 900/16.. That lisiting is gone now for some reason.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't attract a magnet? Hmmm! Lane, don't I recall someone scolding you telling you that you shouldn't be bidding on things and asking members to move them? I figured that guy would strike back.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Luggage cart noo, but Cherry Point is an MCAS, so I would assume airfield cargo duty. and since the Marines can set up an airfield anywhere / anytime, the off road part could come in handy.

You go Lane! keep the transport guy happy so if I ever get the elusive M36.......................

citizensoldier

Recovry4x4 said:
Doesn't attract a magnet? Hmmm! Lane, don't I recall someone scolding you telling you that you shouldn't be bidding on things and asking members to move them? I figured that guy would strike back.
Well I recall a Maddawg bitch session but thats it....... And I already have a trucker lined up to get it. Its just I want to put a back up plan in place because you never know when the EUC will clear and sometimes its hard to meet a truckers schedule when they have a one day a week pick up day. I have had many Steel Soldiers pick up stuff and always paid them what they wanted to do it. I have also moved tons of stuff for Steel Soldier members and never been compensated for it or only given enough to buy a piece of bubble gum.. :D It never hurts to ask and all people have to do is say no or not respond.. I have also facilitated deals on trucks accross the country for members only to take a loss just to save a truck from the scrapper... Why not isnt that one reason for this site is to help each other out? If I was close to a base I would move and store all kinds of stuff for people its just some of us with the disease live far from all of them.. :D