• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I don't fit in the truck!!!

Metternacht

Ok, so I'm guessing at 6'8" and 250 I should think Crew cab mod. My 38" inseam might make shifting an issue. Time to win the Lottery and buy one of CC equipments Crew Cabs. I will accept Donations to the Cause :p

bigugh20

Ok, so I'm guessing at 6'8" and 250 I should think Crew cab mod. My 38" inseam might make shifting an issue. Time to win the Lottery and buy one of CC equipments Crew Cabs. I will accept Donations to the Cause :p
I'm over 6'7" and weigh about the same, some trucks that I've been in fit "ok" and some were impossible. I guess it's got alot to do with where the steering wheel is set at hightwise and how high the seat sits. Also how high the pedals sit (some adjustment here also). Don't get me wrong, a crew cab would be a better fit, even an extended cab would be nice, but there are enough adjustments to make it do-able.

Pawnshop

I have the same long/big leg issues (6'2, #300 ish) and a bad hip so my right leg does not bend like it should, I cut off the back of my box seat so I could get my hips all the way back against the cab, that helped a LOT! The other thing I discovered is that sneakers allow more ankle flex than combat boots do so I gained some movement that way. I still have some issues getting on the pedals but those mods have helped a lot.

As for the 900 series trucks: I looked inside one the other day (chained wheel, could not get in) and there does not appear to be any more fore/aft room in them than a M35/800 series, HOWEVER the auto tranny removes the need to hit a Man Pedal so I could twist around enough to easily get my right foot on the throttle & brake pedals. That solidified my desire to own an M923 (more money to spend...)

Awesome Possum

I didn't read most of the replies, got tired after the first page of reading diet advice. If you're thin, good for you. Keep the advice to yourself. Rant over.

As to the seat, I found the quick and dirty way to free up a few inches (until a better alternative arises) is to cut the upholstery off the seat back, then replace it with one of those wooden chair seat cushions. Heck, I think mine is taped on. I'm in the middle of bobbing my deuce, so the seat back is really low on the list.

On my first deuce, Psychotic Reaction, I used an old Hummer driver's seat frame modified to fit a springer base, and used a two part wooden seat cushion. Worked wonders through it's last 2500 mile trip.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I lost a lot of weight to make sure it wouldn't be so bad driving mine. It worked well for me this week at Haspin and I had no problems on the trails and I still weigh more than most of you in this thread.

:)

Westech's friend from WI took the back off his seat and did a double wrap of rope on it instead of a cushion, said it worked for him.

The PIG Smith

...I am already considering a 6v92TT/super 10 replacement mill...
They are those that enjoy the whine of a two stroke Diesel and then they are those that do not.
I do not...that loud Detroit Diesel gives me a headache after an hour or so.
I could never ride in a Gama Goat when I served (even with hear protection)
I was assigned a M-577A1 and was sick all the time.

jbingvtx

I'm wondering how you fellows that are over 6 feet tall see out of the windshield. I'm 5'10" and I find myself hunching over so that I'm not looking at the wiper motor.

m376x6

Dueces and 5 Tons never seemed to be a problem. I'm 6'4" and generally up close to sometimes just over 300 pounds. The trucks I had the most difficulty with are the Dodge M37/M43 trucks. I found by increasing the seat bottom height and making the seat back very thin but still comfortable I was able to get my foot on the high pedals. I kept the height just so high to get a reasonably clear view through the windshield. We use the M37's quite a bit for hunting so visibility is important. I may have missed it, but what is the issue you're having. Legs rubbing the steering whell, or stomach? Don't get discouraged, a mind set on solving the problem will.