• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally got a mule.

gunboy1656

My dad and I are rebuilding a recoilless rifle and needed something to mount it on, well today my father and I went to the ride through history show in Alliance, OH.

This was my dads first show, which he seemed to enjoy for a lot of reasons.

Well there was a couple mules sitting there he was looking over. A guy standing beside us started talking to us about mules and says there is a couple over there on a trailer. so of course we change directions and head over there (we had just got to the show).

Sure enough my thought was correct it was David Kelone. had an ugly green one, and one that was an olive drab/black/blue/yellow color. After talking with him for a while, talking back and forth, dad decided he needed to go home and get his check book and my step brother and his truck to haul it home.

My dad aught all kinds of heck when he brought the RR home, just hate to hear what all he is getting now.

Doesn't look like there is much wrong with this machine, was told it needs bearings (now have to search how to replace those), has a hole in the deck, no data plates, but they are going to be shipped to us next week.

What is it with me and truck during the month of Sept? My deuce was delivered last Sept, now this.:driver:

Can this guy go any higher? :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

Attachments

gunboy1656

As you can see in the pics, we also picked up a spare motor. Just couldn't argue about the price too much. Nothing seems wrong with the motor in it now, but just in case we might need it later.

We were happy we didn't have to travel all over the earth to get one.

Naw, I think I will skip on the HEMTT for a while, think a tank or weasel will be next :razz:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:oops: So, do you still need pictures of my frame?

I can almost get my mule out now.

gunboy1656

Nope not any more, but thanks for being willing to do that for me.

Does anyone have an electronic copy of the manuals? Need to find out how to do those bearings, plus everything else on this.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many/most basic repair procedures have been well documented on the G503 site.

Makincold

These things are SO much fun! I got my mule in the spring and never crank my Honda 4 wheeler any more. These are twice the fun and 4 times as usual! You will love it!
I got several of the manuals in PDF form from "Google Books" (books.google.com)
They are not all there but at least 3 are there

gunboy1656

I was happy we dealt with him. Had been looking at mules all over, and just happened to find him close, so that saved a bunch in picking it up/ shipping.

Never drover a mule before, and cant wait til the parts come in for us to fix it and run it around.

poof

Dirty Hippie
Good job..
They are a bunch of fun and tough as nails... Put around 20 miles on mine today... farting around out on drgregs place just up the road from me... zoom zoom..
J.P.

asgtoolman

Dave is a great guy to know, but so is Bill Watson in Greensboro NC--google Bill Watson Mules--but call him by phone, he has EVERYTHING, but no real website to show it.

FrankUSMC

I second, Bill Watson for mule parts and mule HELP, he is a great guy to get parts from.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS, Gunboy, does your mule have the mount bracket under the bed for the 106?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks