• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got M1102

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This is it, please read the manual. BTW this picture is a M101A3 but the trip is the same as a M1102
MWMULES!!!! RUN!!!!!!!! There are aliens taking pictures of your trailers!!!

I want to believe!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Larry,
There is a built-in shock absorber that works in conjunction with the lunette movement. This shock absorber dampens the movement of the lunette so that the trailer brakes are not repeatedly engaged and released while slowing down. If the shock has failed, the trailer brakes will continuously cycle off and on causing a very noticable jerking. This repeated action can also cause the brakes to heat up because the brakes are repeatedly engaged. This is a common problem with surge brakes on MV and other trailers. You may not have any problem with the brakes. I would recommend going ahead and pulling the brake drums to check everything out and re-packing the bearings as this is good PM on a recovered trailer anyway. Clean any rust out of the drums. Check for leaking wheel cylinders and brake fluid or grease on the drums. The brake system on your trailer is very simple and easy to work on.

LMT19

Larry,
There is a built-in shock absorber that works in conjunction with the lunette movement. This shock absorber dampens the movement of the lunette so that the trailer brakes are not repeatedly engaged and released while slowing down. If the shock has failed, the trailer brakes will continuously cycle off and on causing a very noticable jerking. This repeated action can also cause the brakes to heat up because the brakes are repeatedly engaged. This is a common problem with surge brakes on MV and other trailers. You may not have any problem with the brakes. I would recommend going ahead and pulling the brake drums to check everything out and re-packing the bearings as this is good PM on a recovered trailer anyway. Clean any rust out of the drums. Check for leaking wheel cylinders and brake fluid or grease on the drums. The brake system on your trailer is very simple and easy to work on.
I will try. But I need additional two Jack stands to ensure jack space to work. Considering cost wise and title inspection, I may have some professionals done the work. Thanks a lot!

LMT19

Any indication of Bearing wrong?

Beltfed34 on ebay sells the wheel cyinders for the M1101 series trailer cheap.
I have taken two pictures for bearings. I wonder if anyone can tell me the sign of wrong or I just buy new sets of bearings to replace them. The grease color is brown not white cream (due to high temperature?) Is this regular bearings that I can get from any auto-shop?
Thanks,
larrypic-1.jpgpic-2.jpg

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they are Timkens, availible anywhere. I'd replace the ones you have. Rust and bearings is NEVER good. Clean everything else up really well.

LMT19

where to get brakeshoe pad?

I took off wheel/drum, one is good and just clean everything and lub. But other one, brakeshoe bad (top) so I need to replace it. I wonder if you know where to purchase for M1102 trailer?
Thanks,
Larry

LMT19

LMT19, how is your trailer coming along?
I have taken off the wheels and re-adjusted and lubricated a few components of brakeshoes because when I turn the wheel I hear something creaking, which indicated something wrong in brakeshoe. Main problem I identified was the end of the handbrake cable stacked and did not release to the right position. So it causes creaking when wheels turning. After re-adjust brakeshoes, creaking sound gone. But I have not done to HYDRAULIC BRAKE ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE. It looks a little complicated.

Note: all components in Military trailer are much better than any other in the market, including bearings, seals. So avoiding to replace or change even some parts can be purchased from etrailer or other places in very good price.

It was an interesting experience. I may purchase another trailer and to do the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks