• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hate to even post this, but I'm at a loss attaining insurance on my M931A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is retarded high. I think a 500k/1mil thru NICO is only like 790 or so a year.
I followed the link you provided and these folks are brokers. They don't write individual policies. Guess I'm going with AA. Thanks again for the info!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I followed the link you provided and these folks are brokers. They don't write individual policies. Guess I'm going with AA. Thanks again for the info!
I have a company and they insure all of my stuff and i go directly thru them.

If you have a 5 ton you use alot or spend $ ok. Might as well start a business like an offroad recovery service or what have you and use the truck and parts as write offs

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a company and they insure all of my stuff and i go directly thru them.

If you have a 5 ton you use alot or spend $ ok. Might as well start a business like an offroad recovery service or what have you and use the truck and parts as write offs

We already have a company and will be using the truck for advertising purposes and occasional deliveries. I called them yesterday and they told me they didn't write individual policies. I'll call them again to clarify.

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well you may call one of the affiliated underwriters like geico they work with them also

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 813a1 is tagged in Oklahoma, have regular liability thru OK farm bureau. Cost me a whopping $61 every 6 months. Never even occurred to me to get full coverage. I know with older muscle cars, not many companies would insure due to them being next to impossible to repair. Any damage results in totaling vehicle due to this fact. Big green likely falls in this category.

BTrain33

Progressive Commercial. They'll give you a non-commercial policy with no restrictions, but you have to go through the commercial side to set things up due to the size of the truck.
FOR THE WIN! Thank you all for the input, after calling all your suggestions, Progressive Commercial was the easiest and didn't require it to be garaged and $397/yr!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FOR THE WIN! Thank you all for the input, after calling all your suggestions, Progressive Commercial was the easiest and didn't require it to be garaged and $397/yr!
The funny part is that when I set up the policy originally it was before I got the tag stuff straightened out. I got the weights corrected for the tag and also called Progressive to update the policy so everything would match. Raising the weight decreased my premium by a decent amount. Well ok then...

Got the first policy in the mail with the new updates and noticed there had been a distance restriction on old the policy that I wasn't aware of, and it carried over to the new policy. I called them and had it changed to an Unlimited Operating Area policy. About a week later the revised policy came in with a $58 refund check from the change. Well ok then...

Apparently it's cheaper with Progressive to insure a heavier vehicle that drives all over the US than one that's lighter and only drives local. Maybe common knowledge, but was a pleasant suprise for me after spending a couple weeks getting tag, insurance and license in ironclad shape. Had no problem paying whatever it costs to have all my documents in order. I don't like things hanging over my head like that. In this case it benefited me to do so. I'm paying about $325/year.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if this helps some of ya'll out. I had the yearly premium above wrong anyways. That was the figure before the radius change. It's goes along way to make clear to them what you're insuring with pictures and such. Insurance companies can be like tag offices when it comes to MVs because they just don't deal with them that much.

Given the money and time I have tied up in the Ol' Swamp Donkey, I've considered pricing full coverage insurance. For that age truck I don't see it being an astronomical figure. I think I'll put that on my to-do list for Friday.

A little personal information removed but you get that the idea...

20170829_214250.jpg

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
like swamp donkey indicated, call progressive commercial, I got it thru USAA as a separate policy, no issues, runs about 600$ a year for my policy for liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks