• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

Just a note. The lift system has been tested and it works. But not to my standers. Going to rework it and see if I can make it work better. Don't try to build it this way .

1951M1078

The main problem was the cable,pulley system lifting a different speeds and jamming. It was a 4 to 1 system. It worked but not well. After more testing I came up with a system that is a 2 line to one and its 2 to 1 . The big problem was trying to get 2 lines to wind on the drum of the winch at the same time. Their maybe a way but I just don't know it ! LOL What I did was turn the 2 lines into 1. Will test it more and do some more welding and we will see ?

Last edited:

Reworked LMTV

The main problem was the cable,pulley system lifting a different speeds and jamming. It was a 4 to 1 system. It worked but not well. After more testing I came up with a system that is a 2 line to one and its 2 to 1 . The big problem was trying to get 2 lines to wind on the drum of the winch at the same time. Their maybe a way but I just don't know it ! LOL What I did was turn the 2 lines into 1. Will test it more and do some more welding and we will see ?

I had one of those HF winches. Gave it to a friend. It seemed to struggle a lot. I have 2 HF 5k winches and a 18k, and they are great.

1951M1078

I have used 3 of the 2500 lbs. and only problem was the brake system on one. Would not hold very well at 1 to 1. with 1000 lbs. And their very noisy ! With just the lift its at about 300 lbs so the pull is 150 lbs. Max test is with my fat ass (about 200+-). With no brake problems.

Reworked LMTV

I have used 3 of the 2500 lbs. and only problem was the brake system on one. Would not hold very well at 1 to 1. with 1000 lbs. And their very noisy ! With just the lift its at about 300 lbs so the pull is 150 lbs. Max test is with my fat ass (about 200+-). With no brake problems.
[/QUOTE
A lot of people assume they can straight lift vertically the rated weight. In fact, they are rated for pulling laterally. You have to fight gravity more with a vertical lift which equates to more #'s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks