• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

I have a Poo Face. Talked to the driver and my truck will be here a 9am Monday !:-(

Oh well.Guess I will go do some reading in the TM's. Much to learn.

Duckworthe

Ok when you get the smile off your face we're going to need more pics. Congrats!
HAHAHA this quote made me laugh. That's how my face was when I got my truck, stuck in smile mode! Very happy for you and your new to you truck! If you need anything please let me know and I will help anyway I can.
Eric
619-952-4337

coachgeo

When you put you "mine" too it... it gets done:cookoo:

just ribbing ya..... glad for you that your patience and dedication (and her majesties approval :mrgreen: ) got you to this point in the journey.

1951M1078

Thanks ALL !

Started with the doors. Passenger will not close and the drivers is missing the lower hinge.Looks like someone ? tried to closes the passenger's with the striker down. Pushed it out of the plastic housing. Then it just will not work. Took it apart and have it back the way it should be. But their seems to be a lever that has a ketch ? Still playing !

IMG_3315.jpg

Attachments

1951M1078

Pulled what is left of my hair (LOL). Finley pulled the (inside the door) mechanism. What is wrong with the people that work on this stuff ? Bend levers and things in jam. Made it look the way I think it should and replaced a broken spring (?) that was missing with a spring out of a ball point pen. (only thing I could think of) All better !
Where do you get the plastic rod holders in this ?
IMG_3324.jpg

Still need to install the lower lock rod if I can find the plastic mount ?
On to the door hinge and the locked up parking brakes for Tuesday .
Randy

snowtrac nome

you scored and got the spare tire too a lot of the gp rigs are getting spares removed, mine still had one because the guy who TI'd it didn't know how to use the hand pump to get it off.

coachgeo

...Where do you get the plastic rod holders in this ?...
You'll probably have to make your own. Got a friend with a 3d printer? Otherwise get creative. Braze on a lump on each side of rod? so it won't pull out is an option as well as maybe wrap cellophane on end of rod and on mechanism where you do not want things to stick and then use epoxy to create a holder. Wax may work in place of cellophane. That is only to prevent epoxy from sticking to wrong places. You can comb thru junk yard doors and pull off similar items from doors...... or even comb thru Auto Parts store and see what ideas you can come up with. You need to go there anyway to look for a replacement spring.

Also comb thru McMaster Carr website. Might find something in there too.

Think someone else in here mentioned this issue too. Hopefully they will chime in.

Last edited:

1951M1078

Suprman, they were caged but the shipper pulled them out ? When I drove it into the yard it felt like the parking brake was on ! At GP it was caged. Parking will not air up. Will work on that after I get the hinge for the door on.

snowtrac nome

air brakes have a fail safe system, if air pressure drops below 60 psi there is a big spring in the rear cans that start to apply the brakes. Once the truck starts and builds air, you should be able to release the spring brake when you push in the parking brake knob.

1951M1078

Today's lesson.
Installed drivers low door hinge.Reset fit on door. Played with striker latch. Door good to go but need to build inside door panel.

Cleaned out a bay at the shop and moved the truck in.

IMG_3344.jpg

Started looking for the brake air leak. Coming from under the driver side front area.
Found 4 cut hoses ? 3 =3/8" and 1 + 1/2". Oh and 2 wires. TL 202 and TL 02 ?

IMG_3329.jpgIMG_3335.jpg

Went looking for the 3 valves ? Found only 2 ?

IMG_3334.jpgIMG_3336.jpg

Will sent me a photo of what I should see. One photo + 1000 words ! Thanks Will !

Somebody cut the lines and took off the wires and stole my valve ! Bastards. Any body know if the valve is used by the OTR trucks ?

Next question is can I use splices or do I need to run new lines all the way back to the rear axle ?

Thanks Randy

1951M1078

Also found one bolt loose on the Atl. bracket at the bottom. Some oil leaking around it but not much. Pulled it cleaned out the hole, reinstalled with red Locktite.

IMG_3342.jpg

1951M1078

Huston ! We have brakes !

Would like to kill the guy that cut the valve out of the system. I have just enough 3/8" tubing to test the system. But not enough to install the valve back into the mounting hole. BASTARD !

Install a new 1/2" hose but the 3/8" run to the rear. I don't think its legal to splice the runs to the rear ? So I will get to replace 50' of hose ! BASTARDS !

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would like to kill the guy that cut the valve out of the system. I have just enough 3/8" tubing to test the system. But not enough to install the valve back into the mounting hole. BASTARD !
Easier to cut off then unhook. Just be happy they didn't drain fluids by drilling a hole through all the pans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks