• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

coachgeo

As for the 3 point mounts ? Not sure where people are going to take their trucks but I hope the expense is worth it.

I agree. I have been using my truck and driving it through serious twisting terrain. I have not needed it nor thought after my build I should have built it in. I have a machine shop and all the required items and knowledge to build the three point mounts. IMHO this truck (1078) doesn't need it nor require it.
Agree that complex 3pt is not needed. These rigs are not Unimogs with twisty chassis. Though do feel a simple one is needed like the front springs of the M1079. If you got the ability do it... just makes since. No frame has Zero flex so something should be done to help the two work in conjunction with one another.

Look forward to long term updates.

1951M1078

I now have key's for the driver side door ! Will pull the other side if the key fits and have it re-keyed. My luck it will be a different tumbler and key ?

Also the new headset's are here along with the intercom. Although the cab is getting better with the sound deadening the com will help.

IMG_4334.jpg

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was able to file the tumbler wafers on the old lock to allow the new key to work. I posted photos and a description in my 1078 thread last year. I may be able to dig up a link to that post later and include here.

1951M1078

Driver side lock and handle ready to go back in with repaired and reinforced lever.
Works great. Still need to re-fit the door . Gap at the top.

IMG_4335.jpg

Also took the other handle to be keyed for the passenger side. Will be wearied to have two working door locks.

1951M1078

Door handles back in and working. Weird to need keys to get in .
Been working on some tools for the box build. Finishing up the table saw with a new "T" square system and router. Lots of wood working coming my way.
IMG_4382.jpg IMG_4383.jpg IMG_4384.jpg

Even made shelves. I know, boring.

1951M1078

That is what I'm trying for.

As it gets closer we will make some plans.

Allen, are you going to do the show in March ? Thinking about taking her to it +- ? LOL

agazza2

That is what I'm trying for.

As it gets closer we will make some plans.

Allen, are you going to do the show in March ? Thinking about taking her to it +- ? LOL

Randy, I will be taking mine out to the Falcon Field ARIZONA HISTORICAL MILITARYTRANSPORT ASSOCIATION show. Would like to see your truck there. I will try and get mine ready with functional shower/hot water for the May Overland Expo show. By then, I may either have it lowered on the truck, and removable, or on a trailer again.

agazza2

I’m not bringing the LMTV but I’ll be there. We need to make sure to get together.
Mark, yes, Randy and I should get together with you there. You can't miss the M1078s. But if they are scattered in the camping sites, they may be difficult to find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks