• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

Masspilot

I am debating buying the Thetford door or one like that but then also will that work with the vent kit also. The Thetford door is alot of money

1951M1078

Back to work on the bath. Reinstalled the side door with a inside support that has rev-nuts to hold the door frame. This is 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" steel tubing will be the inside wall tie point also. I try to have anything that I am building doing not less than 2 jobs. So we have a wall and the outside door all using the same screws.

In the photos you will see the rev-nut tool,rev-nut installed and then a quick chase with a tap and the door reinstalled. I will pull everything and seal things up tomorrow. More on the walls soon.

Sorry I missed the Expo. Maybe next year or at least that's the plan. Maybe I will be in the DIY area ???

IMG_4818.jpgIMG_4819.jpgIMG_4820.jpgIMG_4822.jpg

Attachments

1951M1078

A little more work on the bath. And got some more parts.

IMG_4832.jpgIMG_4836.jpgIMG_4837.jpgIMG_4838.jpg

And after looking out the back door think I may keep the roll up door and build a porch ?

IMG_4835.jpg

agazza2

I am looking forward to your bath construction this time. After seeing your last truck bath wall construction, I also built my walls out of metal tubing. I am just about finished with my bath, so it will be interesting to see what you do with yours as well. I think I will be building the seating/bed out of the same square tubing and it can be a drop in solution. If I had to do it over again I would start with the bathroom like you are doing. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing it when I have time.

1951M1078

Walls are in and the side door is sealed and reinstalled.
All welded and bolted in.
What a PITA. I love 3M 5200 and hate it also.
The truck could leak , but it won't be the door. LOL
IMG_4860.jpgIMG_4861.jpgIMG_4862.jpg

1951M1078

Been thinking of cutting down the box on my truck ?I would loose about 3'6".
What do you think ?
If I cut it down it will fit in my front drive and not hang over the sidewalk.
I don't like it on the street.

M1078 short.jpg

coachgeo

IMHO.... Move spare tire and air cleaner and tuck your uncut box closer to cab. I don't know your box layout. but if you had a permanent higher bed in back with a garage below it... spare tire could sit on floor or stand vertically. Have seen the 939 air cleaner used. They are mounted low.... with a snorkel run up high.... consider a thin snorkel/air box (say 2" or 3" thick but foot or more wide (Keep same amount of air volume).

1951M1078

Let me think on that ? That's only 2' 4 1/4" and a lot of work. And I still need to cut the box,just less.
But a idea. Thanks.

coachgeo

Let me think on that ? That's only 2' 4 1/4" and a lot of work. And I still need to cut the box,just less.
But a idea. Thanks.
IMHO you would not need to cut box.. nor add frame extension cause that short amount of hang over (one footish now) could just be triangulated downard... and building a triangulation (maybe spare tucks into it?) does not get into rear departure angles much... if at all.

1951M1078

Its more the driveway. I only have 24' to the start of the sidewalk. And I will lose 2' to be able to get around the back of the truck (for my Wife) and the garage and the rear of the truck. So I'm stuck with a total of 22' total length.

I know, get a longer driveway . LOL

1951M1078

Got the window installed. And it is also a exit ! Cool. Will make a inside screen so I can be full open and just not 1/2 open.

IMG_5167.jpgIMG_5166.jpgIMG_5169.jpgIMG_5170.jpg

1951M1078

s-l1600 (5).jpg
Go another set of seats to try. Will see how well they will work? Got them in black leather.At $100 for the pair is fair.

1951M1078

A little black paint and its all good ? LOL

Cut down the new/old mounts and did some test fitting.
They look great and sit very well. Think this is going to work. May even put a set into my Semi ?

IMG_5439.jpg IMG_5441.jpg IMG_5445.jpg IMG_5446.jpg IMG_5438.jpg

Still need to workout the seat base to seat frame mount ?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks