• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have these seals, and I can't remember what they go to...

Jeepsinker

I have a stack of skf 15207 seals, and I know I've bought them for my deuce before but I can't for the life of me remember where they go on the truck, unless they might possibly be inner front axle shaft seals. I did search that and came up with nothing. I know it isn't for the winch, already checked that. I seem to remember it crossing from another number, but I've bought so many napa seals I can't remember anymore. It scrambles my noggin when I try to remember and I start to drool on my boot. Anyone else recognize the number, or recognize it from the pic?

Edit: It may be for the brake side of the worm shaft on the winch, but I can't cross it to Newstar numbers, and I don't have my winch apart to compare.

Attachments

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wheel seal differential pinion seal or you can use it on your Navistar or Triumph TR6. Pinion Seals for a Rockwell 2.5 ton axle?
Made by Timken for SKF? CR is "Chicago Rawhide".

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

It isn't a pinion seal for the deuce. Way too small for that in a couple of its dimensions. What bothers me is that I know this is for the deuce... it almost has to be an axle shaft seal, but the inner diameter seems small for that.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do these specs match your seal?

[h=1]Shaft Seal, 1-1/2x2-11/16x1/2", CRW1, NBR[/h]by SKF

[h=4]Technical Specifications[/h]
Zoro #: G9395556 | Mfr #: 15207
Seal Type: Single Lip with SpringInside Dia.: 1-1/2"
Item: Rotary Shaft SealDesign Code: CRW1
Lip Material: Nitrile RubberWidth: 1/2"
Outside Dia.: 2-11/16"Zoro Number: G9395556
Mfr Number: 15207

[h=4]Product Description[/h]
Rotary Shaft Seal, Seal Type Single Lip with Spring, Shaft Dia. 1-1/2 In., Width 1/2 In., For Bore Dia. 2-11/16 In., Nitrile Rubber Lip Material, Design Code CRW1

Jeepsinker

Ok, so it isn't an axle seal either. The inside diameter is too small. I just found a new seal and retainer hiding in a box to compare it to. Maybe I bought one for something else a while back, and I just recognize the number. Sometimes I swear I'm losing my mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks