• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just had to give it that extra 1/4 turn

DeucesWild11

So I look under the truck to check things out just before I am going to take her to the car show for the first time.. So I see a small leak over by the airpack. So I turn the nut on the front about a 1/4 turn and OH SNAP!! broke right off.:oops::(

I believe this is the stoplight switch? Can't find anything else it is called and looked through the TM that I used for the airpack rebuild. However when I look up stop light switches on the surplus websites I don't see one with that big nut on the end. Perhaps that "nut" is somehow separate from the switch?

Any help here is much appreciated as the deuce is currently disabled. Not a daily driver so I am OK.

Thanks!

Attachments

phil2968

Yup, brake light switch. Check out eriks surplus or Saturn for one. Do have fluid draining out? Make sure to bleed the airpark after replacement.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you can't get the remnants of the brake light switch out, I think I have a spare end piece out of a parts airpack.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Now would be the time to convert to the new style switch. It goes on the air side and if it fails, you don't loose your brakes(like this style).

phil2968

I have heard about the air switch just never seen one. Any pics? Who sells them? My hydraulic switch is brand new and is unreliable. I wired in a mechanical switch on the brake arm, it works every time.

DeucesWild11

Thanks guys, I am going to look into that upgrade since it's broke anyway. May as well upgrade it! Going to check availability of those kits now.. Thanks Again!!:beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just use an easy out to get the remains out and plug it off with a npt plug. You can pick up a hobbs pressure switch from napa as well to get back on the road fast.

NPT fittings are tapered. Never tighten them down more than they have to be. Also use a sealer to prevent leaks. (Yellow tape for sealing oil/fuel, White for air)

DeucesWild11

I was thinking of that too, thought I would check out the local Home Depot. I assume nothing copper as it's on the fluid side. I will look for a steel one. Thanks patracy!!

Now I just have to read up on the details of the upgrade and I should be all set. If there is not one out there Perhaps I'll post up some pics.. I am much better visually then technically.

Jesse6325

Let me get home and I'll give you a part number that works for a switch, I'll see if I can get pics of my plumbing job too. I put in my own air switch upgrade over the Easter weekend and I think the total cost was just under $30.00 with all parts available locally.

DeucesWild11

Already ordered the kit, Saturn was out temporarily but Eriks had it for $68 with all the pieces to plumb it in including the plug which I just ran around looking for but didn't find. Looks like I will have everything I need.. I figured I could get it a little cheaper but I don't mind paying a little extra to have ALL the parts I need up front. Jesse6325 thanks for taking a look. The pics would help too.

The guy from Eriks gave me this TM to look up for the layout TM 9-2320-361-24P. Going to take a look at that for sure.

DeucesWild11

Thanks for the pics Jesse, that definitely helps me out in the visual dept. ODdave, you are probably right in the leak, but that was the part that I had forgotten to tighten up at the end of my rebuild so I figured it was that. Seeing how it only took a 1/4 turn to snap it off perhaps it was stressed already and this was just a blessing in disguise. I much rather have things snap off in the driveway than on the road..Anyway it sounds like it's a good upgrade to do for a little extra safety.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already ordered the kit, Saturn was out temporarily but Eriks had it for $68 with all the pieces to plumb it in including the plug which I just ran around looking for but didn't find. Looks like I will have everything I need.. I figured I could get it a little cheaper but I don't mind paying a little extra to have ALL the parts I need up front. Jesse6325 thanks for taking a look. The pics would help too.

The guy from Eriks gave me this TM to look up for the layout TM 9-2320-361-24P. Going to take a look at that for sure.
The guy from Erik's is Erik.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks