• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I really didn't mean to buy it...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But I couldn't pass it up for the price I got it for. Let's just say I gave a good bit less for it than people are listing normal 6x6 M35A2's for now days. Even less than some of the pile of junks that are rolling through DRMO from time to time.

It's a 71 AM General M35A2. Air shift t-case. Even has some nice lockout hubs on the front end. Thankfully it has a D turbo. (Sorry :clinto: ) It needs a few little things tended to. The rear needs the blocks corrected on it. (It has two blocks :roll: ) And the parking brake is inop. And it needs seals on the front axle. And the brakes need only an adjustment. The rear pintle/bumperettes are sticking out past the bed.

I'm not sure what the long term goal is on this one. I have an idea for it though. It won't look like a deuce anymore if I can go that route....

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That phrase has almost led to my very painful death several times...So has 'I thought someone would outbid me!'

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummmm some of us never learn, did you tell the wife yet?? What story did you use? I still need one ??????

Bad Bad Bad

drpyloo

" I really didn't mean to buy it"... wonder if that would work with the wife!?!?!? Nice!
That usually does not work with my wife, but at least with mine she will get mad for a few days and then she gets over it. Nice buy it looks good! Congrats and enjoy.
When you get ready to do the brake work, seals and E Brake (and if you dont mind) let me know. It would be awesome if I could help you with the work, since thats the exact same thing I need to do to mine. I have not started the work waiting for the weather to get warmer and it would be nice to already have a working idea of what to do to my rig.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the truck. If ya need a lawyer, mine's purty good. Please let us know what story you used, maybe one of us could use it too. Curious about the future plans for it.

God bless,
Tony

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
C > d

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hummmm some of us never learn, did you tell the wife yet?? What story did you use? I still need one ??????

Bad Bad Bad
She figured it out when there was an extra green thingy in the yard this afternoon. I told her I was looking at one earlier today.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She figured it out when there was an extra green thingy in the yard this afternoon. I told her I was looking at one earlier today.
Okay play low key, hey honey I was looking at a new green thingy today. Shoot I would be having to say that every 5 minutes. Okay then park it in the yard and let the s... fly. Got it I will keep you posted how this plays out. I think I need another plan :(

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Okay play low key, hey honey I was looking at a new green thingy today. Shoot I would be having to say that every 5 minutes. Okay then park it in the yard and let the s... fly. Got it I will keep you posted how this plays out. I think I need another plan :(
I never claimed to be a brilliant strategist.

mbehne

This thread is too much!!! Wife asked why I was laughing, so I had to read the thread to her. I really should say, I'm lucky, as she thought it was funny to. She rarely busts my jewels, she and the girls really like to play with the trucks and guns just about as much as I do...when I get as many trucks as some of you...then we'll see how far that flies?!?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PM sent RE wheels and tires.

My problem is that anytime something new with wheels shows up here at the funny farm usually something with four legs appears shortly thereafter. After then last M923 showed up I discovered two alpacas, two llamas, four donkeys and a new pony in the barn.:shock: If you think diesel fuel is high try buying hay in bulk.:roll:

jw4x4

PM sent RE wheels and tires.

My problem is that anytime something new with wheels shows up here at the funny farm usually something with four legs appears shortly thereafter. After then last M923 showed up I discovered two alpacas, two llamas, four donkeys and a new pony in the barn.:shock: If you think diesel fuel is high try buying hay in bulk.:roll:
I like being able to park my 932 in the warehouse and not have to feed it for 8 weeks and it hasn't died. Hay burners cost too much to feed, and I don't like cleaning up after them. When I get a hankering, I just visit one of the petting zoos around here and I am soon over it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I learned long ago to have a "play money" fund and a "household" fund.

Everything I make at my day job goes into the household fund and I tell the wife she can do whatever she wants with it as long as the bills are paid.

My play money fund is everything I make on the side doing odd jobs, and buying and selling stuff.

If I want to buy something and I have enough play money, I buy it and the wife doesn't say a word. I also don't say a word if I come home and there is a new couch in the living room.

Works out pretty well.