• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I regret changing my M818 to hub piloted / unimount wheels

Jerry L

You can use budd super single wheels in 22.5

I run them on the steers on my 920. 445 65 22.5 tires. Just in budd wheels not hub pilots.

12R24.5s on the rear in dual.

You have to grind down the front drums to fit 22.5 wheels though.

Smaller 385 or 425s would actually help that 7 spd 916. They have a hell of a hole between 3rd and 4th and 4th and 5th where the rpms drop.
That set up looks like it would be perfect. This truck is a water truck. I bought some new 16.00R20 thinking they would work but they have the hutchinson style wheels so now back to the drawing board with some tires and wheels to sell. lol

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That set up looks like it would be perfect. This truck is a water truck. I bought some new 16.00R20 thinking they would work but they have the hutchinson style wheels so now back to the drawing board with some tires and wheels to sell. lol
You just need 5 ton combat wheels or HEMTT wheels to make those tires work.

@Steve92307 knew of a source near San Diego for combat wheels.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The wheels that those 1600s are on are also 335mm hub pilot found on MRAPs, MTVRs, HETs, PLS for their gear reduction planetary hubs.

Much bigger bolt pattern than civilian 285 hub pilot which is what this thread is about

Jerry L

The wheels that those 1600s are on are also 335mm hub pilot found on MRAPs, MTVRs, HETs, PLS for their gear reduction planetary hubs.

Much bigger bolt pattern than civilian 285 hub pilot which is what this thread is about
lol, yes thank you I figured that out the hard way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks