• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I own two deuces!

velociT

I think the OP is the first person (at least in a while) to get a GL winch deuce for under $2k.

I'm not gonna even mention what the last one out of NM sold for. :shock:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mikey, congratulations. Looks like you did pretty well. Your winch deuce is only about 1500 units before my '67 was built.

Paul, welcome to modern deuces!

Congrats M35A2-AZ.

mikey

Mikey, congratulations. Looks like you did pretty well. Your winch deuce is only about 1500 units before my '67 was built.

Congrats M35A2-AZ.

Thank YOU! I mean that sincerely. Your help with the whole buying process for a clueless deuce newb was generous and invaluable!

paulfarber

Never would have took the plunge without the help from SteelSoldiers. All the good GL/EUC/SF-97 info and helpful folks makes the plunge a lot easier.

surfdog

My wife would be thrilled if I ONLY had two deuces.

Little does she know I bought a 5 ton M813 W/W today.

Attachments

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Congrats M35A2-AZ.
Clinto, Thanks!!!

paulfarber,
I wish I would of know about SS before I jumped in the deep end.
Lots of info. on SS, I have been reading about service tips, picking your truck up, met some new friends and so on. My wife made me get off the computer to go do some honey do's.
Anyway great site.:beer:

Mikey, you should have fun...

hof3414

Congrats on the trucks I was looking at them this morning both looked pretty good. Its amazing you can get a whole truck for $1800 meanwhile a winch sells for around a $1000. Also like someone else said keep two trucks (one to get stuck and one to recover with). I found this out the hard way a few weeks ago when I stuck her and had to have a 27,000# tri-axle pull me out. Link below goes to video of recovery. Have fun with the trucks and drive them every chance you get it is the most fun you can have on the road.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/60387-took-deuce-mudding-got-stuck.html?highlight=mudding+stuck

mikey

Congrats on the trucks I was looking at them this morning both looked pretty good. Its amazing you can get a whole truck for $1800 meanwhile a winch sells for around a $1000. Also like someone else said keep two trucks (one to get stuck and one to recover with). I found this out the hard way a few weeks ago when I stuck her and had to have a 27,000# tri-axle pull me out. Link below goes to video of recovery. Have fun with the trucks and drive them every chance you get it is the most fun you can have on the road.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/60387-took-deuce-mudding-got-stuck.html?highlight=mudding+stuck
Ha, I wasn't even a member here for more than a week or two before I read your thread. Keeping my trucks up in PA, it was interesting. This past weekend I was up in the house in PA and we had our first snow. I was picturing that dump truck having to pull me out of a ditch. Your vid was seriously an inspiration to consider a recovery deuce.

I completely forgot to congratulate the OP and other auction winners today on their new iron! :grd:
thanks bro!

Kenny714

Hey, Welcome to the site and good luck with the new toys.

I'm down the Parkway a bit from you and my daughters mom just moved out of South River a few months ago.

I'm down the Parkway a bit from you and my daughters mom just moved out of South River a few months ago.
Hey Kenny, looks like you're along my pick up route for next week (I may be heading to Barnegat Light to see some of my buddys family) when I get my deuce from Jackson NJ

mikey

Thank you! I grew up in Toms River (what can i say i love rivers) so I know your area well. Do you do the Pine Barrens runs? Clinto told me about those. Sounds like a blast.

I'll be keeping the deuces about 3 hours north of here, but I'd love to take one to the pine barrens or Island Beach State Park once in a while...

Mikey

surfdog

Hey Surfdog nice M813 were did you find that 1 at ? I also picked up a M35a2 WW from PA as well , I think I have a problem LOL :cookoo:
Picked it up at Ft Drum (NY). There were 3 m813's w/w that sold yesterday.

Doghead - did you buy one or get the 6 ton equipment trailer?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The auction is over (gl) and they show up in my bid history as "High bidder". Is it pretty much a done deal?

If so, now the fun begins!!! I have never had an EUC, so I realize I won't be getting them until March / April.

Did anybody here check out the deuces at Mechanicsburg?

Both trucks have flaws, but I figure with two trucks I should be OK.

2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

Cool part is I set a budget of $3700 and I got both for $3711. Now to start shopping for tools!

Mikey
Is that $3711 BEFORE or AFTER 10% fee and taxes? But congrats! I too won two deuces for my first EUC. Seems like single fathers having twins is the season's trend, lol. :mrgreen: