• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I own two deuces!

mikey

Is that $3711 BEFORE or AFTER 10% fee and taxes? But congrats! I too won two deuces for my first EUC. Seems like single fathers having twins is the season's trend, lol. :mrgreen:
$3711 before taxes and 10%. However, for my overall budget I included 10% from GL, 7% sales tax (NJ), $155.50 for two sf-97's and $870 for hauling. Spoke with Eric today from Hot Shot and he'll haul them both for $800. All said, I am right where I expected to be.

At these prices, how can you just get one? I know GL is a crap shoot and I didn't want one deuce to arrive that was too far gone to get running. Then I'd have to go through the whole GL process again for a parts truck or try to hunt down parts individually. With twins on order I should have one well running truck. Best case, I have two.

Kenny714

Thank you! I grew up in Toms River (what can i say i love rivers) so I know your area well. Do you do the Pine Barrens runs? Clinto told me about those. Sounds like a blast.

I'll be keeping the deuces about 3 hours north of here, but I'd love to take one to the pine barrens or Island Beach State Park once in a while...

Mikey
Small world. I'm right in Lacey, just a few miles East of the Parkway off 9. I haven't been on any runs with SS but, I'm usually out in the Pines every weekend either with the Deuce, Quads or Mud Trucks. Sometimes all 3.:beer: I've been the recovery guy for the last few months.

slabs3.jpg

powerlines2.jpg

powerlines3.jpg

deuce.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvp6Y7WliHE[/media]

paulfarber

Live at Ft Dix for 3 years (1426A Ironwood St.. Google says they demolished the gvt housing and all they show is the slab :( ) and did 3 years at Pemberton Middle School (the high school was right across the street and the only time I was in it was 8th grade graduation :( ) Did a lot of camping in the pine barrnes with my scout troop.. at a State Park (can't remember... but I know that dried pine needs really make fires BIG).

With the duece on the way I plan to get in on some of the trail rides as maybe get back and see some of the stuff I remember... I have not been camping in years and I think the hounds would like it.

Best memory of Ft Dix (other than a certain Janie Shepard that lived next door) was riding my bike to sit under the approach to McGuire and watch the F-4s and C141's land.

Anyone know if McGuire still has that P-38 mounted by the gate? That was probably the best monument I ever saw.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked it up at Ft Drum (NY). There were 3 m813's w/w that sold yesterday.

Doghead - did you buy one or get the 6 ton equipment trailer?
No I was out bid on both trailer and trucks :shock: (again....) Oh well

Last edited:

mikey

Small world. I'm right in Lacey, just a few miles East of the Parkway off 9. I haven't been on any runs with SS but, I'm usually out in the Pines every weekend either with the Deuce, Quads or Mud Trucks. Sometimes all 3.:beer: I've been the recovery guy for the last few months.
awesome pics and vids... now i will definitely be bringing one of my deuces to joisey when i get them running...

Kenny714

Sounds good. Sunday is usually truck day for us. Another Deuce there will give me the perfect excuse to wheel some of those holes. Usually there is nothing big enough to get me out if I get stuck.:roll: