• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ice boogers

rue_69

So, last week I was driving around and realized my right turn signal wasn't working. I figured a bulb must have burnt out and I put it on my list of things to do (its a long list). Then last night I realized my other turn signal wasn't working, so I pulled over, got out and looked at my tail lights to see that neither were working. I then noticed a Giant Ice Booger about 1' wide by 2' big dangling from a bunch of wires underneath my tail light. This thing was frozen solid to the point I couldn't pull the wires out and I didn't have any tools with me, so I decided to drive home and fix it. By the time I got home, the ice chunk had broken off and taken all those wires with it:evil:! Luckily my friend Dave had a spare tail light harness/housing that he hooked me up with, but what a pain in the a$$. This ever happen to anybody else?

Midnight Rider

Well I did have some ice build up in the rear bumper and when I kicked it to get it out of there I found it had disconnected the driver's side rear black-out light.

I didn't lose any cables though. I need to get it reconnected this week.

rue_69

Yea, your prolly right about the mud flaps, but seriously, mud flaps/running boards/sun visors are old guy items:roll:. People already think I'm weird enough because I drive around a camo truck!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tend to get ice boogers up in the grill and rear bumper of my jeep. Nothing too bad as a little kick makes all the difference. Its always good to do a pre-vehicle inspection every few days...even if it is usually to catch new dings and dents more than "snow boogers" hahaha!rofl