• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ID picture U.S National archives

foxtrot

Un M998 sur un site d'essai.
Lignes de rivets, jantes et rétroviseurs tricolores, plaque signalétique sur l'aile arrière gauche.

Cette photo est l'arrière du M998 avec le cal : 50 M2

Last edited:

M1165A1

The 2nd picture in the original post. Clearly NOT a TOW. I stand by my MANPADS /Stinger variant statement. I've fired TOW before.

That green case is almost certainly a Stinger case, I have one myself and it looks identical to that including the latches. (I don’t have a Stinger, I have a case!)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd give most anything to be able to drive that "Tow Rig" into my local Antifa-infested Starbucks parking lot. ;)
Yep. Drive up, climb out and walk in to order and expensive cup of something and walk back out.
Or maybe it would be more fun to slowly go through the drive through - if you aren't too tall. :cool:

AAVP7

The vehicle in the first picture was a prototype called "8 man squad carrier" if I remember correctly. I think I have some AMG ads from the time somewhere.

Some books even claim, that the "8 man squad" was in addition to driver and commander, so the vehicle would be seating 10 people, which I would like to see. I would love to see pictures of the interior of this one, but found only one very dark and fuzzy picture.

Very interesting version, but it never made it into production, like the Stinger hardtop vehicle in the second picture.

P.S.: The TOW carrier seems to have motors on the control handles, so maybe at the time the TOW was planned to be fired from inside the cab. Makes me wonder about how they would have used the sight, however.

foxtrot

Les packs de terrain sont attachés à l'arrière du prototype.
J'ai pensé à 6 hommes.
Une seule photo supplémentaire sur ce véhicule blindé de transport de troupes.
Rien d'autre pour l'instant.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks