• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify These Radio Sets

maxim

I would like to know the model designation, approximate years of use and applicaton of each of these:

First, is a radio with frequency range of 200-280 Mhz on a rotating dial and presume it a ground vehicular to airborne variety. There is not a tag on it. Does this get power from a PP 109 or 112 and what would be the antenna.

Second, is a wood cased set with tubes and two locking dials "I" band and "G" band labled BC-1006-B Philco Corporation. Apparently a test set for something but what.

Attachments

maxim

It is amazing the answers come from just around the corner...hey Beast thanx..I intend to use them for display in a '55 M38a1 Air Force (Strata) if I ever get it done. It was a disaster but originally came from Wurtsmouth. I already have a PP-112. Got any idea for a near correct antenna or will the 116,117,118 work? I see on yours where the data plate was and only glue left on mine.

67Beast

Mine is not hooked up to the antenna right now until I find the cable jumper to hook the antenna of the R-110 through the antenna of the RT-67. I currently have the 116,117,118 to an AB-15 base mounted on a MP 50 with the corner mount. Stop in sometime when you are down this way if you want to check it out.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks