• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm nervous

Croatan_Kid

I got lucky as well, buuuuuttt, there were a few things in my favor. I got my truck from MCAS Cherry Point here in North Carolina and I also happen to work on Cherry Point and had our manager take a quick look at the truck when he made a DRMO trip to dump some hazmat stuff. Also, GL is required to display pictures of each truck they sell, I heard they got in trouble for not doing that a while back and were fined heavily. The descriptions are usually close, but look at the pictures very close. If stuff it rusty or it's been sitting with no air cleaner on it, then count on it to have not been running for a while. If, in the picture, you can't make out the fins on the alternator, that means it's probably running. The only thing I noticed in the pictures of my truck was a catch pan under the front of it....turns out the radiator cap was bad and it leaked some anti-freeze :roll:

I had the numbers run on my truck to figure out where it came from and it if saw a rough life, luckily it didn't. I also got lucky that the rear driveshaft wasn't bent, I actually sold it a few months ago after I did the motor swap.

When I finally went to pick my truck up, I borrowed a previous employer and his F550 with trailer in tow. I also took a multi-meter and two fresh batteries and figured if that couldn't get it started then I'd push/pull it on the trailer. Luckily, just the rear battery was dead so I swapped it out and drove it on the trailer.

Hope yours turns out as good as mine did!

Pawnshop

My M1009 lost it's spare tire and fire bottle somewhere between Illinois where it was photographed and Tinker AFB in Oklahoma where GL sold it from. The spare went away in the Tinker yard (seat folded down and footprints in the dust on the seat back, rear window was stuck closed), who knows where the fire bottle went. I showed the photos of the spare tire to the GL rep and he apologized, said he couldn't be everywhere at once (which I understand of course) and gave me the option to either back out of the sale OR he could find me a spare in a defaulted truck waiting to be photographed and relisted, I chose the latter. My truck had a flat and I NEEDED the spare! I got the flat fixed and drove the truck home 425 miles. I got very lucky that the tires were good enough to make the trip, they look almost new (still furry even) but they are six years old!! It could have been bad. I will not bid on anything that isn't in San Antonio any more, it's only 90 miles from my house.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks