• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm out of gas

JohnFire

RE: Re: RE: I

I used a hand brake bleeder pump hooked to the top of the fuel filter body where the bleed valve is and plugged the discharge opening to get the fuel primed on my truck that sat for probably a year in drmo. I too had a small air leak. But if yours died on you sounds like a bad leak.

mangus580

Re: RE: Re: RE: I

JohnFire said:
I used a hand brake bleeder pump hooked to the top of the fuel filter body where the bleed valve is and plugged the discharge opening to get the fuel primed on my truck that sat for probably a year in drmo. I too had a small air leak. But if yours died on you sounds like a bad leak.
Great idea on the vac pump!!

As far as his possible air leak... pointing nose uphill seems to promote problems with a leak.

tsmall07

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I

I tried the silicon thing and it didn't even sputter. Maybe I got the wrong stuff. I am currently in the process of replacing the mechanical pump but its time for work now, so that will have to wait till later. I thought of a hand pump too, but I couldn't figure a way to put it in the system. I'm having some trouble visualizing how you hooked yours up John. I think it died because it was out of gas, but now won't start again because of the air leak. If I ever get it back home again, I'm going to replace all the fuel lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks