• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injectors

blzrgb

Ive looked through this site for info and haven't had much luck yet. But what i'm needing is a set of injectors for an 85 1008. Would i be better off to take mine to the local diesel service shop and have them checked and reworked or would i be better off to buy new ones. Also, does anyone know the part number for the injectors or are they the same as a civilian k30. Thanks, GB.

Westech

CPL
yes they are the same. The thing to do is rebuild them. If you can take them out of the head you are smart enough to rebuild them. the rebuild kits are found on ebay and if you want i can get you the listing. All you have to do is remove the injector from the engine, unscrew it (it come apart) and remove the spring, check ball, and injector tip. install the new parts and screw it back together and put in back in the head. Its that ez trust me! you can get the HP rebuild kits for around 70 bucks for all 8 injectors. you can get around 40 more HP with the High performance tips.

blzrgb

Yes, please send the listing. Are there any dangers to the pump or engine reguarding the HP injectors ? All 6.2's could use 40 extra horses.

12vctd

I have never seen 40hp tips for a 6.2 diesel, I know there are 40 hp injectors for the marine 6.5 turbo, and these 6.5 injectors will fit a 6.2 with the fine thread heads, which i belive are later than 82.(and they work wonderful with a turbo kit and a slightly tweaked inj pump). I have seen a few people EDM thier injector's with mild and very varied results. Also I wouldnt recomend buying injector rebuild kits and rebuilding yourself, unless you take them to be pop tested and flow tested by a professional. I am all for saving a buck but some things shouldnt be skimped on. And thou all the parts to rebuild a injector are really simple to do, there no way of testing the injector and clearences can be off, or a injector body could be slightly out of round and cause alot of problems. Its also best to have the injectors matched. Theres alot of companys out there who sell tested and matched injectors for the 6.2 heath diesel SSDiesel supply are two of them. They also sell the 6.5 marine injectors. A turbo kit wether a banks kit, or a 6.5 turbo, or for the more extreme a Bank sidewinder kit but using the better MHI TE06H turbo is by far the biggest power increase on a 6.2

ADDED some links
http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/product_269_SSDiesel_Marine_Injector_Kit.html

http://www.heathdiesel.com/T/Chevy-GM/Chevy-8293/Fuel-Injectors/

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
6.5 6.5L Chevy GM "Marine" Diesel Fuel Injector Nozzles:eBay Motors (item 350243817163 end time Sep-22-09 19:29:11 PDT)
and
http://shortlinks.net/ifv541

make sure to contact them first to make sure you get the correct injector.

As of not rebuilding them your self.... I think we all should take our trucks in to get the oil changed because somethings you should not skimp on...... come on really its too ez to do it your self.. I get the point of this could be wrong or that could be wrong.. but if the injector housing was messed up you would already have a problem. Dont be too scared to do things on your own.

Last edited:

12vctd

Saving a buck is great. But there are plenty of problems that can happen that I know you cannot see without testing injectors first. But again its saving a few dollars and risk cylinder wash and wrecking a motor, maybe just a burnt piston or valve. And rebuilding a injector is very simple process just like changing oil, but you do test after your oil change correct, by making sure the crankcase is full of oil and that theres no leaks. I guess you check your injectors by seat of the pants and yup the motor sounds like in runs right. I'd prefer to know each injector is popin at 1800psi and they all are within spec of each other. All i suggest is if you rebuild your own iinjectors atleast have a shop test them for you. You'll still save money and atleast you know what your getting when your done.

blzrgb

Are there any dangers with egt's runnin too high with the 6.5 marine injectors ? There's got to a catch to this 40 horses. My 6.2 is in excellent condition. I just need new injectors. Should i play it safe or go for 40 more horses ??

Chief_919

Watch out for the Ebay injectors and parts. Lots of them are Chinese of dubious quality. Even some with Bosch markings are fakes. 95% of teh Ebay "marine" injectors are Chinese units and really are not marine or high flow at all.

I will also second the advice to not rebuild your own. Unless you have access to the equipment to pop test them and flow test them, you can end up with injectors that "work" but are not balanced or in spec. If more power and a better running engine is what you are after, then have it doen right and have them bench tested before they get installed.

3dubs

I just got my marine injectors in today. It is raining now. I hope to get them in today. They are the 6.5 marine injectors. I also have to replace a bent injector line so it might be tomorrow.

Chief_919

I just got my marine injectors in today. It is raining now. I hope to get them in today. They are the 6.5 marine injectors. I also have to replace a bent injector line so it might be tomorrow.

What markings are on the box and on the units themselves?

84cucv1ton

Watch out for the Ebay injectors and parts. Lots of them are Chinese of dubious quality. Even some with Bosch markings are fakes. 95% of teh Ebay "marine" injectors are Chinese units and really are not marine or high flow at all.

that is right, i bought a set a while back. sent them back the next morning.

blzrgb

Attachments

3dubs

I only see "275" on the injectors. I will post how they work. I am not putting it on a dyno. But if I let evryone know if I notice any difference.