• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing A Detroit 8v71 or 8v92 engine into a 2.5 ton or 5 ton M54A2

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your state must not be as "anal" as Washington State is then. Anything smoking out here gets a ticket like right now. Also the newer "V" engines ran better for emissions then the old inline engines did.
I still have my set of gauges to run the rack on the 71's and 92's . I almost threw them away last week. I have been going through all my old tools sorting out what to keep and came across them. Giving them away to a good guy who is in his thirty's and could possibly use them.
Yeah we don't have any inspections other than the annual DOT and legal GVW of 160,000 with 11 axles and home of the auto industry.
My buddy is still running FWD's.

87cr250r

If you like your 2-stroke diesels it was Clean Cams Technology Systems that built overhaul kits that basically made the engines compliant with 2010+ emissions standards. This is one of my tier 2 compliant 6-71 engines coming out in 2021. We got funding to replace the engine 3 years ahead of its phaseout date.

PXL_20211109_221715102.jpg

rustystud

If you like your 2-stroke diesels it was Clean Cams Technology Systems that built overhaul kits that basically made the engines compliant with 2010+ emissions standards. This is one of my tier 2 compliant 6-71 engines coming out in 2021. We got funding to replace the engine 3 years ahead of its phaseout date.

View attachment 891664
Now that sounds really cool ! Never heard of "Clean Cams Technology Systems" . Wished I had when I still had a chance to pick-up some good running 8V92's out of some fishing boats here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks