• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing bed on tractor

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like this modification. It looks great, and you could always swap back the 5th wheel if you needed it.
Has anyone seen a bed installed over the fifth wheel? I will possibly entertain an idea to try this on my next project. Not sure if there is a big enough void to rearrange cross members to make this happen.

rebelqwes87

:tigger:

I'm glad both you guys that bought beds from me did so well. I'm in the process of downsizing the inventory and the last thing I wanted was to see these beds on a slow boat to China.
Wait till you see the mod I have in mind for the M927. I'll post it in a separate thread in a few days.
I hope to have the deuce bed I bought from you mounted before the rally. I doubt I'll get it painted though.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Has anyone seen a bed installed over the fifth wheel? I will possibly entertain an idea to try this on my next project. Not sure if there is a big enough void to rearrange cross members to make this happen.
I put a king pin and plate on the bed so it could be removed and the 5th wheel stays mounted. Was not planning it but turned out it also works as a natural dump bed. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?44927-M818-I-m-trying-a-new-way-to-put-a-bed-on-it/page6

roalcoal

IMAG0007.jpgIMAG0006.jpgPics of suspension flexingIMAG0008.jpgwhen I got back to the house I was parking the truck and it started to die out ,truck lost prime ,time to find a leak

racing4funn

Yall that have cut down a bed, I have my bed ready and marked. I have a saws-all, metal cutting wheel on a hand grinder, and a plasma cutter. What did yall use for cutting? I would rather not use the plasma. Its cuts wont be as smooth and would be more likely to have gaps when welding it back up..

Thanks

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yall that have cut down a bed, I have my bed ready and marked. I have a saws-all, metal cutting wheel on a hand grinder, and a plasma cutter. What did yall use for cutting? I would rather not use the plasma. Its cuts wont be as smooth and would be more likely to have gaps when welding it back up..

Thanks
something to think about - take a bite out of the bed such that two of tje transverse crossmembers will be just a few inches from each other when rewelding. This will greatly reduce the stresses on the welds and will make that are the strongest part of tje bed instead of the weakest...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks