• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing tac

tourdog

so i will ask the dum question were would one install a tac on the engine not in cab i have a nice recall tac out of old truck was gas now have m1010 love it want to put it in new

jaytee

I think to put a tach on a diesel you need a converter box or something to plug into your alternator, to read the revolutions off of that or something. I don't know for sure but I remember reading something like that. Its not as simple as hooking up to a coil wire on a gas engine

Stalled

type in
tinytach into your searchbar...they have a small pressure transducer that clips to an injector line.They are pretty cool little unit.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We use a strobe light to check RPM on engines, shafts, etc. where we cannot have or do not have a tachometer. Interesting how it totally freezes the motion to the point we have to watch ourselves because we might absent-mindedly reach into a turning fan, etc.
REgards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks