• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing tac

tourdog

so i will ask the dum question were would one install a tac on the engine not in cab i have a nice recall tac out of old truck was gas now have m1010 love it want to put it in new

jaytee

I think to put a tach on a diesel you need a converter box or something to plug into your alternator, to read the revolutions off of that or something. I don't know for sure but I remember reading something like that. Its not as simple as hooking up to a coil wire on a gas engine

Stalled

type in
tinytach into your searchbar...they have a small pressure transducer that clips to an injector line.They are pretty cool little unit.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We use a strobe light to check RPM on engines, shafts, etc. where we cannot have or do not have a tachometer. Interesting how it totally freezes the motion to the point we have to watch ourselves because we might absent-mindedly reach into a turning fan, etc.
REgards Marti