• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance for deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

rat4spd

Just to let you know, I double checked, as CARNAC suggested with State Farm, and let them know this was a 13000#, three axle MV. They called the underwriters back and it turns out, they did have to change (will change) the way it is rated. It has to be rated in a category of a larger vehicle because it's a MV, BUT, the difference was maybe only $4 a month.

So CARNAC in his infinite wisdom was right. Now there is no confusion on my insurance (to be), and I'm good for unrestricted personal use with the vehicle accurately represented. :razz:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to let you know, I double checked, as CARNAC suggested with State Farm, and let them know this was a 13000#, three axle MV. They called the underwriters back and it turns out, they did have to change (will change) the way it is rated. It has to be rated in a category of a larger vehicle because it's a MV, BUT, the difference was maybe only $4 a month.

So CARNAC in his infinite wisdom was right. Now there is no confusion on my insurance (to be), and I'm good for unrestricted personal use with the vehicle accurately represented. :razz:
You're really on the ball there bro! I haven't even start shopping for insurance! Mainly because I forgot to look for my vin while I was there and I can't find it at the GL site anywhere. Hopefully it's on my paid in full invoice.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't need the Vin to shop. Just the make/model and an accurate description. It's probably not in their computer anyway.
Gonna need the vin to actually get a policy issued though. And I'll need that before I drive her home.

jleasure

My girlfriend works at a law firm dealing with auto liability cases, and on an almost weekly basis I see insurance companies leave the customer holding the bag after they "Disqualified' them after the fact (i.e. after the claim). They send you a full refund for you premium, and you then lose your house, car, and everything else, plus they typically get a wage garnishment that you will never get out of that often lasts for decades. If see honest people end up with millions in judgements against them, which means they can garnish your wifes check as well.

Take this for what it is, just my opinion, but I see horror stories daily!!!

MAKE YOUR CASE CLEAR TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY, AS TO WHAT YOU HAVE, SIZE, WIEGHT, AND ADD A PICTURE! DO IT CERTIFIED MAIL OR IN PERSON, AND KEEP ALL RECORDS!!! A JUDGE WILL NOT LET THEM (the carrier) OUT OF THEIR LIABILITY IF YOU HAD FULL DISCLOSURE!
This is an oversimplification of the issues, but generally the right idea and worth considering. I am an attorney and about 75%+ of my practice focuses on car wrecks across three states. In short, if you can't afford the proper insurance, you surely can't afford the consequences of not having coverage, or not having enough coverage. Honesty and accuracy in the application process are key to keeping coverage.

One other point is noteworthy. Many states that require liability insurance only require relatively low per person/ per collision coverage amounts (i.e. WV $20,000/$40,000, OH $12,500/$25,000, KY $25,000/$50,000). While the amounts might seem like alot of money, a 10,000+ pound vehicle can cause extensive damage pretty easily. Trying to save a buck on premiums might cost you far more if you are at fault for a collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks