• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance getting cancled need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scopionf89

Affter haveing insurance threw progressive for 6 months they are cansling my insurance because they don't insure military vehicals. I told them that their is a ton of guys frome hear that are insured threw them and that they stand to loos lots of busness. I also told them that I was 100% up front and yet still byby not going to ensure that.

Anger assied i am living in Lacey WA I have a m35a2 and I dont have a garage its licened in Idaho, I use it for halling fire wood and any thing else one might use a f350 for. I only need liablity. I have not had a ticket in 3 years or an acadent in 6 and I am in the army. That should give you a very good Idea as to what I need. I apreacte any help you guys can give. I am praying like crazy that I can find insurance before my insurance exprices and all I have is a lawn ordament.

scoutmanadam

i got my insurance from one of the smaller companys. mine is from a place called schrader and murphy. they didnt have a problem with it, they just made me come down and they took some pics and off i went. for liability only, with normal tags i pay 45 a month. they are here in washington so they may be worth a call for you

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or as a member of the Armed Services try USAA. I have read threads here that say that USAA now covers M35A2s. They covered my Unimog fire truck until I switched to collectors insurance. :jumpin: Is registered regular or collector plates?
If all that fails sell me the truck cheap and you can borrow it whenever you want.
It is only 266 miles away.

olewhiskey

Progressive's new policy is probably a corporate political position.:? I had my boat through them but I cancelled and went back with State Farm.

srodocker

You live in lacey!!!???? never seen you around??? another WA memeber awesome!

also firehound where abouts in graham?

i insure through statefarm. its only 35 a month. my agent is actually in hawks prarie. need a number?

stumps

When I was first looking for insurance for my Maryland deuce, I tried Progressive. Their website gave me an instant binder number, and a very nice rate.... I couldn't believe it, so I called them to made sure that they knew exactly what they were insuring, and phone person said she thought it would be fine, but asked for a picture... but just in case... which she sent to her underwriter.... and they said NO WAY!

I'm pretty sure that they initially thought my Kaiser/Jeep deuce was a CJ, or something.

Cancelling 6 months after the policy was written is the typical response insurance companies have when they accidentally insure something that is outside of their business plan. Your problem will be that your insurance record will show that you have been cancelled... which is not a good thing, and may be cause for some explanation when you try to find your next policy.

Gulfway in Florida is very HMV friendly. They know exactly who we are (Steel Soldiers), and exactly what we are driving, and they love it! The policy they write on deuces is a commercial policy underwritten by Travelers, but you are restricted to shows, meets, and occasional joy rides. They will let you haul your things or other vehicles, to shows and meets, but they don't want you to haul firewood, plywood from Home Depot, trash to the dump, or anything like that. Trailers towed by your deuce must be specifically covered in your policy.... not generically, but the specific trailer.

-Chuck

chiefwollam

I also had a Progressive policy on my M35A2, when I read the policy coverage, I attempted to transfer to a commercial policy. That was when Progressive decided to inform me of their no MV insurance, PERIOD. When I was done informing them of their assinine stance, that there were other MV owners covered by them, they said they had "JEEPS". When I laughed at the person on the phone and told them to look it up, they dug in and shut down. I ended up speaking to their commercial policy department head who "graciously" told me they would make an exception to policy and cover my MV. I told them it was too late, I had taken my business to my local Farm Bureau.

Moral of this story: take your money and your business to a company that deserves it.

davidkroberts

i have had mine insured through state farm for about 5 bucks a month . I have it tagged and insured as a collectible vehicle. Had them for years and have never had a problem.

flyxpl

I work in a body shop . When Progressive insurance writes an estimate it is the WORST of the worst . That means that they do not pay to get the job done correctly and if they do not pay to do it right , it will not get done right . My suggestion is if you have Progressive is RUN RUN RUN . They $uck and they did you a big favor .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Stop sending money to George Soros who's trying to break down the USA.

Screw George, screw flo, screw progressive. The name is actually for progressive liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.