• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance What To Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racky

Ok guys I just got my title from Government Liquidation for my 1975 M35a2c.Now the hard part. I live In NJ HA HA HA I know but that is another subject for another time.I tried Haggerty Ins They turned me down because I told them I wanted to haul firewood maybe twice a year for personal use.I than tried American Collectors they turned me down because I didnt have a garage big enough to park the deuce in.I than tried my automobile ins co (New Jersey Manufacturers Ins Co) They turned me down because the Deuce is considered a commercial vehicle because of the 10 tires and 3 axles. I am at wits end any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks Racky

LanceRobson

I don't know of any insurance company that will insure a "collector" or "hot rod" vehicle that's not stored indoors.

Most of us, locally, use J. C. Taylor, out of PA. They don't ask for a picture of the storage building. Sure as heck, for $80 a year they're not coming to look.

I'm not advocating lying to them but I'd guess the worst thing that could happen is that they wouldn't pay a claim based on the "comprehensive" part of the insurance if something happens to the truck while it's overnighting in the yard.

Lance

randyscycle

Have you tried Geico or Progressive? I don't know for sure if they cover these trucks.

I wouldn't be as concerned about the comprehensive as the liability with a 12,000 lb truck. You'll do a lot more damage if you run over someone's ride with a deuce. I'd keep some pretty heavy bodily injury coverage on it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried State Farm with no luck, Hagerty wanted it garaged and even though my new building goes up next month there are no exceptions, Geico wants $41/month and Gulfway is supposed to send me a quote Monday.

We'll see.

If I manage to get everything converted to farm use I can get insurance through my regular agent as farm use, maybe.

scooter01922

Working on this issue myself, part of it stemming from the fact that in MA a deuce would have to be reg commercial due to its weight. After much wrangling over the last 2 months i'm now trying for a maine registration. Got a call in to state farm, gonna get back to me on cost. maybe i ought call gulfway??? I tryed them before but was told no trucks from MA are handled by them, but now its maine so i dunno.

CliffW

Floyd said:
Racky call Sonya at Gulfway in FL 1-800-940-5010 ex 503 tell them your a SS.

Floyd
:ditto:

i have used state farm for 25 years and they would not cover the deuce. call gulfway the best rates by far.

powerhouseduece

i have geico and they took me. i pay like $600 a year because the truck is in my name and im olny 20 yrs. old and my brother (hedelta) pays about the same and hes 22 yrs old

jim-m35a2

Gulfway Insurance. $224.00 per year full coverage with an agreed value of $5000.00. Only restriction is no commerical hauling. They do not insure in all states but is worth looking into.
________
Love Help Forum

Last edited:

dm22630

I have 2 deuces with ANTIQUE tags covered by Hagerty.

They wrote both with NO problems.

I drove them to my local insurance broker & they took pics of the trucks.....NOT the "garage". I have my neighbors address listed as the garage location (because they COULD fit in his garage if needed for picture purposes). If they happen to show up at my house to check & see them in my field, I will just say that I am about to paint them or something.

My coverage is:

$5000 value per deuce
$50k per person/$100k per accident (bodily injury)
$50k per accident (property damage)
$50k per person/$100k per accident (uninsured motorists bodily injury)
$50k per accident (uninsured motorists property damage)
$750 spare parts (lost in accident I guess)
ZERO DEDUCTABLE --- If I am in a wreck I do not pay ANYTHING!

TOTAL COST = $110.00 PER YEAR FOR BOTH DEUCES ---- $55/YEAR EACH!!

jim-m35a2

dm22630 said:
I have 2 deuces with ANTIQUE tags covered by Hagerty.

They wrote both with NO problems.

I drove them to my local insurance broker & they took pics of the trucks.....NOT the "garage". I have my neighbors address listed as the garage location (because they COULD fit in his garage if needed for picture purposes). If they happen to show up at my house to check & see them in my field, I will just say that I am about to paint them or something.

My coverage is:

$5000 value per deuce
$50k per person/$100k per accident (bodily injury)
$50k per accident (property damage)
$50k per person/$100k per accident (uninsured motorists bodily injury)
$50k per accident (uninsured motorists property damage)
$750 spare parts (lost in accident I guess)
ZERO DEDUCTABLE --- If I am in a wreck I do not pay ANYTHING!

TOTAL COST = $110.00 PER YEAR FOR BOTH DEUCES ---- $55/YEAR EACH!!
I hope you do not get in an accident. The insurance company will not pay any claim filed against you. You lied to them, simple as that and they will prove it. Insurance companys hate to pay out money, just as bad as you hate paying it.
________
Drug Testing

Last edited:

dm22630

jim-m35a2 said:
I hope you do not get in an accident. The insurance company will not pay any claim filed against you. You lied to them, simple as that and they will prove it. Insurance companys hate to pay out money, just as bad as you hate paying it.
How did I lie?

They are antique tagged.

They have pics of them from ALL angles.

They are registered & legal in VA.

AND.....my neighbor and me have the same driveway, his garage is always empty, and I can use it anytime I want.

The insurance company that wrote it locally are the ones that told me it was fine & IF they wanted to see them parked in there, to pull them in and take a picture.

Its not like I made up an imaginary garage. They just want to know where the deuces are when they are not being driven.

HOW would the garaged location of a vehicle in anyway effect coverage of an accident while a vehicle is OFF SITE and being driven? :?

powerhouseduece

dm22630 said:
jim-m35a2 said:
How did I lie?

They are antique tagged.

They have pics of them from ALL angles.

They are registered & legal in VA.

AND.....my neighbor and me have the same driveway, his garage is always empty, and I can use it anytime I want.

The insurance company that wrote it locally are the ones that told me it was fine & IF they wanted to see them parked in there, to pull them in and take a picture.

Its not like I made up an imaginary garage. They just want to know where the deuces are when they are not being driven.

HOW would the garaged location of a vehicle in anyway effect coverage of an accident while a vehicle is OFF SITE and being driven? :?
you are to good! [thumbzup]

Somemedic

I think theyre more concerned with a tree falling on the duece and it being stored outside where bad bad men can steel the radio... Im betting thats the ins co's angle and if so...

it would take a really big tree to do alot of damage to the truck and there arent any radios in the truck anyway

dm22630

Somemedic said:
I think theyre more concerned with a tree falling on the duece and it being stored outside where bad bad men can steel the radio... Im betting thats the ins co's angle and if so...

it would take a really big tree to do alot of damage to the truck and there arent any radios in the truck anyway
Good point ;)

At least they wont have to cover anything if my neighbors garage catches on fire though! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.