• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting towing setup

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to believe no Safety Officer didn't see this!!! DOT would have had a hay day with him here in Illinois. I agree. He would likely be ok in an accident................what he hit...............totally different story. Think I might have made a call to the State Troopers or local LEO..........................His life is one thing...............a kid in a car seat? that's something all together different. Makes our hobby look "stupid and uncaring" about safety.......:evil:

CMPPhil

NO NO the picture has it all wrong that's an experimental electric HMMWV the generator trailer is supplied the power, and they are pushing their support truck that has broken down. Makes more sense than what actually going on right.

Cheers Phil

Last edited:

99nouns

I completely agree with everyone here about the safety, but I sometimes had to pull off some craziness while being super careful because life had given me no other choice, before bashing him down to underground also consider he might have been kicked out of his house by HOA and had no place to leave his things, he doesn't know super friendly and supportive community of SS to ask for help, so he had to do what he could only think of which he knew he wasn't supposed to do but the only choice he has gotten to build his own road train.

I hope he made it safely and never tries it again.

Scariest part is no insurance company will cover anything if that HMMWV or MEP hit anything, which I am sure they both don't have any insurance either.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sorry gang, I was on my lunch hour and had a very small window to loadout! The dog bet me I couldn't get up to 60, I won the bet, HA!

stupid dog, I showed him...

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I completely agree with everyone here about the safety, but I sometimes had to pull off some craziness while being super careful because life had given me no other choice, before bashing him down to underground also consider he might have been kicked out of his house by HOA and had no place to leave his things, he doesn't know super friendly and supportive community of SS to ask for help, so he had to do what he could only think of which he knew he wasn't supposed to do but the only choice he has gotten to build his own road train.

I hope he made it safely and never tries it again.

Scariest part is no insurance company will cover anything if that HMMWV or MEP hit anything, which I am sure they both don't have any insurance either.

Tow one at a time? Circumstances are unknown, true. Safety factor is pretty evident. I pray he made it safely, yet his conduct appears that he had little thought of his or others, especially the 60mph part.....

This is the reason MV collectors get a bad name with DOT type folks. I know it costs money to retrieve vehicles properly but come on, ask for help. There are plenty of guys on here that would help out just for the fun of it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Sorry gang, I was on my lunch hour and had a very small window to loadout! The dog bet me I couldn't get up to 60, I won the bet, HA!

stupid dog, I showed him...
There is no way that is in ohio. There are actually trees in the background!