• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intro from northern mn

JPx187

Hi, I'm Jake. I'm a traveling mechanic and a vehicular enthusiast. I work on foodservice equipment and I tend to have an engineers viewpoint on things. What I mean by that is that I have to see the theory of operation before I understand the role of each part.
Here's an example of daily life at the shop:

I decided to buy an '09 after much consideration of the cost of ownership of other full size trucks. Pulling requirements are minimal, even our biggest machines weigh in under a ton. I average 50k miles a year for work, so mileage was vaguely important, but my budget went up with the expected lifespan. I figured upkeep costs are awash with gasoline counterparts, especially once I get into the 200k+ range. Rust was also a consideration, since this is to be a work truck, I have to keep up an image. I can't afford a new truck, and up here in the frigid north even 5 year old trucks show rust.
Anyway, here's what I came up with. I'll start a build thread over in members rides in a little while newguy.jpg

Last edited:

JPx187

North Dakota has a good group not far from you. Lots of knowledge and help there. Check out the North Dakota Military Vehicle Collectors Association. ( NDMVCA ) Eddy
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm on the wisconsin border of mn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks