• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intro from northern mn

JPx187

Hi, I'm Jake. I'm a traveling mechanic and a vehicular enthusiast. I work on foodservice equipment and I tend to have an engineers viewpoint on things. What I mean by that is that I have to see the theory of operation before I understand the role of each part.
Here's an example of daily life at the shop:

I decided to buy an '09 after much consideration of the cost of ownership of other full size trucks. Pulling requirements are minimal, even our biggest machines weigh in under a ton. I average 50k miles a year for work, so mileage was vaguely important, but my budget went up with the expected lifespan. I figured upkeep costs are awash with gasoline counterparts, especially once I get into the 200k+ range. Rust was also a consideration, since this is to be a work truck, I have to keep up an image. I can't afford a new truck, and up here in the frigid north even 5 year old trucks show rust.
Anyway, here's what I came up with. I'll start a build thread over in members rides in a little while newguy.jpg

Last edited:

JPx187

North Dakota has a good group not far from you. Lots of knowledge and help there. Check out the North Dakota Military Vehicle Collectors Association. ( NDMVCA ) Eddy
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm on the wisconsin border of mn