• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Rebuild

hdexpert

I remember reading a thread where someone posted up that they rebuild deuce IP's. Can't find it for the life of me, anyone know which member offers this service?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The guy I bought my 92 motor in a can from works on IPs. He said he hasn't done one for a deuce, but they are all similar. He said with a TM he would be confidant he could fix them. Want me to find his #?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I don't rebuild them but just trying a littel levity. I did find a guy on ebay who says he can do it but wants about $700. Too steep for me. If you want, I may be able to find his email address.

bratpackdad

A rebuilt injection pump with core runs $1,000 to $1,200. If someone claims they can do it for less....I would like to see the results. My advice, start looking for a parts truck.2cents

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've resealed a few VE rotary pumps. I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard to reseal one of our pumps. (Course that only solves issue if your pump runs ok but leaks) I can probably check with a few people I know about rebuilding them though.

hdexpert

I'd just like to find someone that can test an IP to see if it's within specs. Sure would be nice to know you're putting a good pump on your truck instead of crap like the one you're taking off.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd just like to find someone that can test an IP to see if it's within specs. Sure would be nice to know you're putting a good pump on your truck instead of crap like the one you're taking off.
Let me send out a signal and see if anyone on my other forum has a flow bench that could test them.

hdexpert

cool

I've resealed a few VE rotary pumps. I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard to reseal one of our pumps. (Course that only solves issue if your pump runs ok but leaks) I can probably check with a few people I know about rebuilding them though.
That would be great, let me know what you find out!!

deathrowdave

Any large tractor or heavy equipment dealer should be able to rebuild the pump.Diesel Injection service in Cinti., has parts I have purchased . Dave is the repair tech., that you would need to seak to . He has been very helpful.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
hdexpert, i already outlined how to check an HH head. i just did one yesterday for one of our members near me. the one he took off was completely worn out and it was obvious and failed the test. the used head he had was usable maybe and just barely passed.

tom

91W350

We have a very good pump shop here with a flow bench. If you would like, I would check to see about cost for testing. We actually have three pump shops with flow benches that I know of, but the one is an independent that does really nice work. Glen

hdexpert

test

hdexpert, i already outlined how to check an HH head. i just did one yesterday for one of our members near me. the one he took off was completely worn out and it was obvious and failed the test. the used head he had was usable maybe and just barely passed.

tom
Tom,

I checked the rebuilt HH just like you instructed, it tested as a good unit. Gimp and I are installing another IP on the deuce tomorrow.

Buff

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
when you put the fuel control shaft in, it does have the little tab in the end of it, right? without that tab, it will be in min fuel position. (off, no fuel to injectors)

tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks