• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is it safe to lift "CBC LIFT ONLY" ?

I won a fiberglass enclosure off of GL. That being said, I have no idea what exactly it is. My invoice doesn't list what exactly it is. My questions are (1) what exactly do I have and (2) is it safe to pick this up from the (4) rings. On the web I found a picture of the same enclosure and the words CBC LIFT ONLY"

The gentlemen I'm picking up the truck from just wanted to be sure it's safe as he is willing to transfer the enclosure from the current 105 trailer and install it onto the bobbed deuce' s 105 bed. There is not a data plate that he can find. I would assume that they are, but want to make sure first. The truck/enclosure and I are in different states, so I can't walk outside and do some more homework. Thanks in advance for any help offered...-Ray

Attachments

Last edited:
She's finally loaded and looking good. I'm curious is anyone else has done this and what things they've done. I was thinking I wanted a custom welded cargo rack on top with all the bells and whistles :)

Attachments

some pics of the inside

I'm not with the truck, I'm in ND and the truck is in another state. George is really helping me out by getting this loaded for me for when I come pick this up from him. I'll take more pics and get the dimensions here in a few weeks. I love how this turned out. I was needing something to secure my belongings in while I'm working in North Dakota. My 5 Ton has the tarp, but my things are still left open to the elements, even though I have I have Job Site boxes in the back.

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm flying from North Dakota this Sunday to pick up the Bobber from George Foster in Iowa. From there, driving to Minnesota to pick up a winch and install it from tie6044. Then head back to North Dakota / Montana to drill this next well, by next Thursday. I can't wait to see this, I feel like a lil kid at Christmas time :)

jagular7

Goose2448, that's what I want, is a rack up on top, maybe even covering the cab. I seen some pics of the Canadian Deuces with baskets on top of the cabs and liked that idea. Keep the ideas coming :)
You could look at securing a sub-structure to the inside top to use as a base for your outer structure. Then on the outside, configure a carrier tray that covers the CBC and swings down to cover the cab, ie, take a look at Nissan Xterra basket/luggage carrier. With the design of the Xterra with theater rear seating (sitting higher than the front), the cab has a slight rise to it. Your cab and the CBC have a slight rise to it.
The design of the trays will have to be configured to how much weight you are placing up there and how high the overall height will be for wind pressure (creating push/pull on the structure miounts).

picking up the bobbed duece (Road Trip)

I flew into Ohio, yesterday and hung around with George. I don't think he wanted me to leave with his baby. :) I was almost to Minnesota when I had an allergy reaction and my face swole up like a balloon. Popped a few Benadryl, and kept driving. I was starting to get drowsy, and then it hit me, duh you took Benadryl. I pulled over and took a nap in the back. Thank you, which ever soldier built the bed in the bed, it came in handy. Rolled out my sleeping bag I packed in my suitcase (which I was going to leave) and took a nap. I caught up with Scott this morning in Minnesota, and we installed the winch, not sure what I'm going to do with it in North Dakota, since I still haven't found a tree anywhere to tie to. Driving to the hotel for the night, and the truck sputtered and died. I hit the start button and I heard a phiss sound. I jumped out and discovered one of the battery leads was loose. A puddle of lead had formed on top of the battery. Tightened the crap out of it, and she started right up. Tomorrow, eat my free breakfast at the hotel and head to North Dakota/Montana.

As soon as I get back West, I'm going to take measurements for everyone. After looking at the shelter, I'm thinking I might want to build the roof rack and weld in into the trailer and not the roof. The roof has aluminum bracing going through it and down the sides. I'll take pics when I get back to ND. The floor is really thin (fiberglass), nothing a horse stall rubber mat couldn't take care of. You can lock the door handle, that was something I was worried about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks