• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is it the end of the world? Latest GP auction prices.

TMOMW

That's insane, I can't imagine all the work you had to put in to get them to change it
it IS a lot of work, but hey NO ONE ELSE IS DOING IT (even though they are paid for it), people ask me for help, and its the right thing... so i do it. NO OTHER CLUB or ASSN is doing anything, in fact they are actively refusing to... so i stepped up to fill in.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
and to be honest im 1 person, no one is helping me and im doing state and fed laws (changing them), and battle tracking the ukr war for about 500 fans... so im falling a little behind
I will help you. I’m a pusher and encourager but I don’t really do much more than that. I can promise great lunches and I make a great cup of coffee

Swfb

Tell me more about this 1985 export rule. Did I f up titling mine as 90’s LOL
I'm from The Netherlands and we see a lot of them getting imported.

Cars and trucks build before 1987 can have an oldtimer status. We then pay 100 dollar a year on road tax instead of +/-2400 a year. So buying one with an "old" title, will make it pay for itself.

After 40jr we don't have to pay any tax. The early ones on title are also getting more expensive now.

INFChief

$35,900 for a M1123 with 50 miles. I paid 7900 7 months ago for the same truck minus the soft top and rear seats. Unbelievable.

A M1079 (or variant) went for $7900 yesterday. My jaw dropped at such a low price.

The economy has been sinking fast. It’s almost at that point (a little too late for some people albeit) where, in my opinion, a lot of nonsense bidders will drop out / drop off. If that has we’ll see reasonable prices again.

INFChief

I suspect people see the low milage on the odometer and lose their damn minds. Even though the milage on the odometer means nothing. My truck shows 10,000 miles and if I didn't know better, I'd say it probably only has a few hundred on it. Going by milage is definitely not the right way to classify the condition of these things.
True. And engines & drivetrain components are constantly replaced - what’s an accurate mileage on those ?

blutow

Looking a few of the auctions yesterday, there were some turbo trucks going for around $10k that were in pretty good condition and complete, but had mechanical issues that could be serious. Even if you budgeted $5k to sort out powertrain issues, those turbo trucks look pretty attractive compared to what some of the 1123's are going for.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking a few of the auctions yesterday, there were some turbo trucks going for around $10k that were in pretty good condition and complete, but had mechanical issues that could be serious. Even if you budgeted $5k to sort out powertrain issues, those turbo trucks look pretty attractive compared to what some of the 1123's are going for.
I bid on all those turbo trucks. No luck, they were going to high especially for non runners and obvious IP issues.

I'll wait till later this year when the recession hits. And interest rates rocket and the housing market tanks. Nobody will have extra money for toys.

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyones idea of what any particular truck is worth is as vast as the universe, frankly, who cares…really
if someone wants a particular truck, at that moment, on that auction, they will pay whatever they think it’s worth at the time, regardless of what the rest of the universe thinks it’s worth…the Market supply and demand sets the prices.
go find me a new in the box GMA soft top kit for $250…the price I used to pay for them.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyones idea of what any particular truck is worth is as vast as the universe, frankly, who cares…really
if someone wants a particular truck, at that moment, on that auction, they will pay whatever they think it’s worth at the time, regardless of what the rest of the universe thinks it’s worth…the Market supply and demand sets the prices.
go find me a new in the box GMA soft top kit for $250…the price I used to pay for them.
Will I care because it's my money and obviously I want the best deal. Your in the business of buying and selling hmmwv's so I'm sure it effects your bottom line profit. Your not flipping Humvees for free. I was thinking about opening Retired War Mules here in NW Indiana and I need to buy cheap!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will I care because it's my money and obviously I want the best deal. Your in the business of buying and selling hmmwv's so I'm sure it effects your bottom line profit. Your not flipping Humvees for free. I was thinking about opening Retired War Mules here in NW Indiana and I need to buy cheap!
Looks like RWH has a better business plan , inflation and the devaluing of the dollar are factors also .
Welcome to auctions the guy willing to spend the most wins .

blutow

I bid on all those turbo trucks. No luck, they were going to high especially for non runners and obvious IP issues.

I'll wait till later this year when the recession hits. And interest rates rocket and the housing market tanks. Nobody will have extra money for toys.
Yep, I think all those trucks had potentially serious issues, but could still make a lot of sense for someone with the ability to fix them. With these "broken" trucks, a single one is certainly a crap shoot, but they aren't that much more than non-running NA trucks like the 1123's. I actually saw a non-running 1123 go for ~$10k yesterday (it was in better condition than the 1152's, but still surprising). It just seems like it would be hard to get burned too bad getting a non-running turbo truck for around $10k as long as it's fairly complete. Said another way, I'd buy a non-running turbo for $10k before buying a similar condition non-running NA truck for $5k. Both of them might need a lot, but a solid sorted turbo truck is going to be worth more than $5k premium over a similar condition NA truck once they are done.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid and buy at the same prices you pay, obviously I want the trucks for as cheap as possibl too, so I’m not sure where your problem is, but I don’t whine about the costs of what people are paying, it’s there money, or someone’s money, it’s just not mine, I have an idea of what I want to pay for any truck at auction and stick to it.
i have many customer who feel they can do better at auction than buying from me…that actually rarely works out financially, but it’s there money, not mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks