• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is that a bug out truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsunday25

Ok i was loading the 08 up today i put my 10k generator/ welder in the bed all the cables and stuff that i would need for a week out on the farm food camping gear exc.my neighbor came over to me and asked is that one of them bug out trucks. I looked at him and asked why would you think that.he sead your loading all this stuff and fuel up. I told him no just going to work on the farm. So were im geting at is have any of you guys got asked is your truck a bug out vehicle or have you guys made your trucks into bug out vehicles?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Never been asked if we have "bug out vehicles" but PLENTY of people ask "What the heck do you do with all them old Army trucks"??aua

Standard answer is: "I look at them and smile"!!:grd:

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my area it is the "Oh wow, that would make a perfect hunting truck!" comment. In the suburbs it's most often just totally ignored. Occasionally some older person will talk to me about the MV's they bought for their farm after WW II.

My M-37 / M-42 is a VERY politically incorrect vehicle and is very ostentatiously ignored. :roll:

Storm 51

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! My neighbors don't even talk to me :)D), and I don't even have any green MVs here.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My reply to that would be, "I bought it to haul all the dead bodies of the people that ask me stupid questions".

CycleJay

If I remember correctly (which is hard for me to do sometimes, since the head injury...)
I do not think anyone has asked me that question, but I admit to people that it is,
when the subject does come up. Since that is what I will use it for when the time comes.

Just my... 2cents...

WARWAG

I look at them and say "No. I picked it up from an auction." Then I give them really weird look like there crazy for asking. Then I pipe in. "Are you one of those Survivalist whakoes?"

First off if it is your "Bug Out Vehicle" its no ones ****ed business but yours. Secondly if they think you are preparred for "what ever" then where do you think they will go to when **** hits the fan and they realize that maybe there whack job survivalist nieghbor wasnt so whacked out? It will be to your front door step with all there kids and relatives. Then when you tell them you have nothing they will be back with so more muscle and possibly guns to take from you what they now realize must surely have been theres in the first place. I know I know it sounds far fetched. But does it? Watch your 6.

BIG_RED

I look at them and say "No. I picked it up from an auction." Then I give them really weird look like there crazy for asking. Then I pipe in. "Are you one of those Survivalist whakoes?"

First off if it is your "Bug Out Vehicle" its no ones ****ed business but yours. Secondly if they think you are preparred for "what ever" then where do you think they will go to when **** hits the fan and they realize that maybe there whack job survivalist nieghbor wasnt so whacked out? It will be to your front door step with all there kids and relatives. Then when you tell them you have nothing they will be back with so more muscle and possibly guns to take from you what they now realize must surely have been theres in the first place. I know I know it sounds far fetched. But does it? Watch your 6.

^I'd have to agree 100%.

Also, FYI (Directed at the OP) the reason for the eyerolling about bug out vehicle threads is that there used to be a few of those threads on the go, one in particular that was ridiculously long (I imagine they still come up on the search). As I understand it, we were encouraged to cease and desist because we were getting a little off topic and some of us (me included) lose sight of the fact that the public can see our posts. And then we start talking about killing zombies and stuff... and the internet public doesn't realize we're joking.

I guess the mods fear (rightly so) that the public will see us as a bunch of ridiculous rednecks who arm ourselves to the teeth with weapons, surplus military equipment, etc and pose a threat to the general public. This would lead them to shut the forum down (or cause us problems).

Anyways I just wanted to share with you where the negativity was coming from so that you didn't take it personally, since I notice your post count is rather low and you might not know the backstory.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My reply to that would be, "I bought it to haul all the dead bodies of the people that ask me stupid questions".
I would still like to build a graves registration truck.

<------------For bugging out I use my wagon.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn't picking on you OP, I just know where this group likes to take things.

:)

itsunday25

Ok but i just wanted to know if any one asked if your truck was. Plus there's a show called doomsday preppers thete building bunkers and got guns out the A%# people should worry about them not us.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
People worry about anything they don't understand and when they live in a bubble, it's tough to understand anything. When I hear the "what do....." question, I politely dismiss myself and continue on my way or continue loading up my arms and legs.

aspann

I haven't had anything but postive comments, salutes, waving when I go for my drives. I did have one person ask why did I want that big truck. I said I was in the Navy and couldn't afford an aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks