• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a treaded barbed fitting for the oil drain on the mep802?

ECS

The oil drain on the mep802 has a threaded plug that uses a 3/8" socket drive.

Is there a threaded fitting that has a barb so I can drain it using a hose?

My Generator is up on a trailer.

Ray70

The strange thing I've seen many times is that the trailer mounted 802/803 units would often come with a section of drain hose and a right angle fitting in the tool box, but never installed on the machine.
This is because along the way someone probably got their wires crossed and never realized the 002/003 use a 3/4" NPT on the drain and the 802/803 are 1/2" NPT.
All the unused oil drain fittings I ever found with the 802/803 were all 3/4" NPT, so I assume someone never realized they were different and should have been given a new NSN??? I don't recall ever getting an 802/803 with the correct size fitting / drain tube with it!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I used a 1/2-14 straight thread air hose barb on my drain setup (was in stock at napa... doesnt need to be tapered so long as it fully seats) with a length of hydraulic tube and a hose clamp. Small money, for much easier maintenance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks