• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a treaded barbed fitting for the oil drain on the mep802?

ECS

The oil drain on the mep802 has a threaded plug that uses a 3/8" socket drive.

Is there a threaded fitting that has a barb so I can drain it using a hose?

My Generator is up on a trailer.

Ray70

The strange thing I've seen many times is that the trailer mounted 802/803 units would often come with a section of drain hose and a right angle fitting in the tool box, but never installed on the machine.
This is because along the way someone probably got their wires crossed and never realized the 002/003 use a 3/4" NPT on the drain and the 802/803 are 1/2" NPT.
All the unused oil drain fittings I ever found with the 802/803 were all 3/4" NPT, so I assume someone never realized they were different and should have been given a new NSN??? I don't recall ever getting an 802/803 with the correct size fitting / drain tube with it!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I used a 1/2-14 straight thread air hose barb on my drain setup (was in stock at napa... doesnt need to be tapered so long as it fully seats) with a length of hydraulic tube and a hose clamp. Small money, for much easier maintenance.