• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this 6.5 worth my time and money?

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today was a good day. Got the engine and look at what I found:

IMG_20180903_182528.jpg

That really made my day! :-o Here she is, ready to be put into the trailer:

IMG-20180903-WA0002.jpgIMG-20180903-WA0004.jpg

And a picture of the machine it came out of:

IMG_20180903_150340.jpg

Also got a NP246 for free. The machine will be displayed next to the ice rink so it wasn't needed anymore.

IMG-20180903-WA0006.jpg

Now I need to figure out what to do. I haven't done a whole lot of research, but I think I have take out the DS4 IP and put the DB2 IP from my 6.2 on there. The dual thermostat housing will be a problem from what I've read so far. I'm thinking of putting the whole front of the 6.2 on there, that way I also get to keep the dual gen setup. What do you guys think?

Kaiser67M715

It would be the easiest way to retain the dual gen setup if you swap the IP, coolant crossover and front accessories and brackets. You'll need to swap waterpumps as well, v-belt rotates ccw, serpentine rotates cw....or maybe its the other way, can never remember.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks